GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Love the watch, I have 2, my original from the Navy, and a second all stainless steel one that I bought around 15 years ago.
nice! I literally just had to replace my straps as the rubber around the clasp area finally gave out.....not bad after 5 years of hard life

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Shoot me a PM for now. Should have a site live in a few weeks for one stop shopping for all my offered kits, but will be taking order via PM, Discord, or email until then. Thank you for your interest! (y)

What other kits do you offer?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
What other kits do you offer?
I currently offer in PET or Techflex Insultherm - Flex sensor kits(Harness, sensor, quick connects, single ear clamps), Flex harnesses, MPI Harnesses to complement my budget MPI build list (Can do MPI for under $500 with euro manifold and all hardware), RS3 LPFP hardware and full pump and controller upgrade kits, Flex Sensor splitters for Fuel-it/innovate sensors to split signal for MPI harnesses (Sends flex signal to gauge and ECU). Coil grounding kits, Coil grounding repair wires, custom harnesses, headlight/tail light harnesses, airbag warning light cancelers (For custom seat replacement to disable to seat airbag lights and airbag system disablement), And coming soon 5 BAR TMAPs and possibly 5 BAR PUTs. Testing hardware on those right now, so hopefully in the next couple months I'll have direct fit kits for those.

Also open to new kit ideas. Most of my kits came from requests for more affordable options from members, so drop me a line with an idea and I can see what we can do.

Edit: RS3 pump kits come with no splice harness for AWD fuel sender, does not require cutting or crimping like some other RS3 kits.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got my $100 metal bracket in from Roc Euro.

PXL_20221115_185814663.MV.jpg

It's wild to me that with all the fancy mounts and bushings other companies offer to replace the dogbone, the general consensus that the best option is a plain ol' straight piece of metal.

But, willing to give it a try.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
DSC808 35 >34 Motorsports has spent hundreds of hours of testing on thousands of cars and has THE BEST (and most expensivest) in-take on the market. Still in its pre-production phase it is a 1 of 1. I will let it go for only 1 Bitcoin.
7DFED857-1A9C-4623-9171-ED955FC5CF13.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh. And another 4-pack of jack stand adapters, because somebody keeps stealing all of mine 🤣

1668557204059.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

View attachment 265686

It's wild to me that with all the fancy mounts and bushings other companies offer to replace the dogbone, the general consensus that the best option is a plain ol' straight piece of metal.

It’s not plain.. it’s grass fed

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

View attachment 265686

This should be illegal. I could make one for half that price. TYRANNY!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
nice! I literally just had to replace my straps as the rubber around the clasp area finally gave out.....not bad after 5 years of hard life
not bad at all, I just last week put a new velcro band on my original Navy issue one. Now Im scared to wear it lol.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I've got testing with smaller gauge wires. I'm using 16 awg to 10 awg, I run it bare without sleeving to test the base construction. Been running it for several months to test base design.

No issues running smaller than my final product with solder shrink rather than step down crimps. I use all raychem or shrink flex shrink, US made Kable Kontrol PET or Insultherm Techflex, or on the CGK techflex trufit.

No ebay special materials. OEM spec GXL, TXL wire. Molex or raychem crimps and quality sleeves.
Yeah for sure, I didn't intend to suggest you were using anything low quality for your harness. It looks great! If I was to buy a car that used spark plugs (heaven forbid) I would be interested.

I'm not even going to entertain the logic that a bigger company's products should cost more because they have more overhead. I personally don't want to pay for any part of EQT's marketing budget, or Dave's salary, etc. I can understand passing R&D costs.. But the other stuff is a little crazy. They should be selling more product to cover that stuff. The fact that you're going to buy storable's cables (bravo) means the market doesn't agree what they are doing is right.

As to EQT's overhead, marketing, specific individual's salaries, etc... those are costs the company has. Whether you want to pay for them or not doesn't mean that cost no longer exists. That's the beauty of choices, like StorableComa's harness. If EQT is selling some of these then there is a market. If that market is small the price will stay subjectively high (even if the high price is the actual cost of the small market). If the market is big then why would they lower prices? Small businesses have the choice to charge something closer to actual material cost while also better benefitting the individual(s) that run the business, which is awesome. I'm not saying a bigger company's products should be priced higher, only that often the price is higher until economies of scale kick in, as mentioned by @StorableComa. Similar costs don't mean similar price.

As someone who orders tens of thousands of feet of wire every year (and the other materials for installs... zip ties, splices, pins, sockets, connectors sleeving, etc.) I'm always trying to buy in bulk. But I also know I will sell installs that use 18, 20, 22 awg wiring so I practically never buy a roll of under 1,000 feet which keeps my cost down. That wire is billed based on my bulk price even if I only need 25 feet for a project/repair. But if I need something odd, like 14 awg single shielded wire for example, that is billed accordingly at a higher price even if I am able to get some sort of bulk discount. It costs the company money to buy and maintain inventory of wire that we may not use very often. Please believe that cost is passed on to the customer. And if the wire is even less common, like 18 awg triple twisted shielded be prepared to pay top dollar 😁.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

View attachment 265686

I didn't believe it either... But it fucking fixed all my weird NVH issues.