GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Best choice you could have made for an all season! They continue to amaze me.
They are a very good tire for an all season, I had a set 2 years ago. My Conti Extreme's are stickier though.

Reactions: krs

GRM

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15/GTI MT 23/GTI DSG
Changed my tires about a week ago. Falken Azenis Fk510. One of the best performance summer tires I’ve had and I went through a lot of Michelins and Bridgestones. The grip on dry and especially wet pavement is unreal.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
What are the upper sleeves for?
they are bushings 52-54.5mm for the bottom of the damper to fit into the front upright
FBF4F01C-C209-4EF8-8F81-D92B8EB1B4A1.jpeg

Last edited:

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
New tire day! Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4’s. First set of quality tires I’ve ever purchased for one of my VW’s. View attachment 263904
you are going to love them but the MPS4Ss are not all season tires, they are UHP summer tires

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
This showed up today...
OS Dongle.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Got my external soundaktor speaker in... soon enough you will Lamborghini Urus sounds coming from my car :unsure:
- I should note, the Lambo uses the same speaker and module, as do several other cars from VAG, Porsche, Maserati, Mercedes, BMW etc.
- My speaker came out of a Mercedes SL550, so when one of those pulls up and you get jealous of the engine sound... it's (at least partially) fake :LOL:
- External soundaktor was offered in the GTD with Sight & Sound pack, so it's not a big stretch to have in installed in my TDI
A couple links for the 3 people curious... From @Chillout's blog... MQB Blog... and another MQB Blog for Gen 2.5 modules (which I have)

Pictures, always about the pictures with you folks...
PXL_20221028_042902513.jpgPXL_20221028_042924976.jpgPXL_20221028_042931319.jpg

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Replacement aerofabb front splitter came in the mail and I just picked up the new bumper from paint and a new front grille. Gonna piece everything back together tomorrow and the front end will be looking fresh again!

Anyone swap the plastic flares and trim from the foglights over from bumper to bumper before? Seems like a pain but new ones were unreasonably expensive in my eyes.

Attachments

• 20221028_110626.jpg
    20221028_110626.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 47

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Replacement aerofabb front splitter came in the mail and I just picked up the new bumper from paint and a new front grille. Gonna piece everything back together tomorrow and the front end will be looking fresh again!

Anyone swap the plastic flares and trim from the foglights over from bumper to bumper before? Seems like a pain but new ones were unreasonably expensive in my eyes.
It's going to be a pain. Heat gun and some old credit cards cut into strips and or thin trim tools will be needed. The plastic trim clips are extremely stiff so the heat will help and the credit cards can be used to slip between the clips to help remove them.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Neuspeed catback from sterrkrazy. Install tomorrow morning. Anyone need a resonator delete with hemholtz ?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
It's going to be a pain. Heat gun and some old credit cards cut into strips and or thin trim tools will be needed. The plastic trim clips are extremely stiff so the heat will help and the credit cards can be used to slip between the clips to help remove them.

That's what I figured. I have a whole trim removal tool set so hopefully that does the trick. I'll grab my neighbors heat gun. Appreciate the tips!