GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Replacement aerofabb front splitter came in the mail and I just picked up the new bumper from paint and a new front grille. Gonna piece everything back together tomorrow and the front end will be looking fresh again!

Anyone swap the plastic flares and trim from the foglights over from bumper to bumper before? Seems like a pain but new ones were unreasonably expensive in my eyes.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did the bumper paint job set you back? Looks good.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
If you don't mind my asking, how much did the bumper paint job set you back? Looks good.

$473 for the paint.

Since I ordered the bumper from VW it came primed but they still did some prep, and then the paint was a 2-stage urethane + clear coat. And even though the bumper was loose I left them the car so they could blend it to match better.

If all goes well it'll be mounted tomorrow and we'll see how well they actually did.

GRM

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15/GTI MT 23/GTI DSG
Got my external soundaktor speaker in... soon enough you will Lamborghini Urus sounds coming from my car :unsure:
- I should note, the Lambo uses the same speaker and module, as do several other cars from VAG, Porsche, Maserati, Mercedes, BMW etc.
- My speaker came out of a Mercedes SL550, so when one of those pulls up and you get jealous of the engine sound... it's (at least partially) fake :LOL:
- External soundaktor was offered in the GTD with Sight & Sound pack, so it's not a big stretch to have in installed in my TDI
A couple links for the 3 people curious... From @Chillout's blog... MQB Blog... and another MQB Blog for Gen 2.5 modules (which I have)

Pictures, always about the pictures with you folks...
View attachment 264061View attachment 264062View attachment 264063
Sounds intriguing. How much did you pay for the parts?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Sounds intriguing. How much did you pay for the parts?
Just under $300 for the part pictured, just under $200 for the module. It gets wired to powertrain can bus, power and ground. Plus 2 wires from module to speaker. I stamped/routed wiring myself.
My module came with about 6" of pigtail still attached so I didn't have to research the connector or pins.
Picked up a little sealed 2 pin connector for the speaker from Amazon.

If you pick this stuff up you'll have to flash one of the VIN/Engine unlocked firmware available here. That GitHub home page shows the "internal" Soundaktor, factory fitted on GTI/R... but the GitHub has unlocked firmware for both internal and external. I've already retrofitted the internal, currently running RS4 firmware... sounds good in the car :LOL:.

Drawing is kind of blurry, but J943 is the External Soundaktor Module, R257 is the External Soundaktor (speaker, pictured in my previous post).
1666996607039.png

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Neuspeed catback from sterrkrazy. Install tomorrow morning. Anyone need a resonator delete with hemholtz ?
Been looking for a res delete for a while

GRM

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15/GTI MT 23/GTI DSG
Just under $300 for the part pictured, just under $200 for the module. It gets wired to powertrain can bus, power and ground. Plus 2 wires from module to speaker. I stamped/routed wiring myself.
My module came with about 6" of pigtail still attached so I didn't have to research the connector or pins.
Picked up a little sealed 2 pin connector for the speaker from Amazon.

If you pick this stuff up you'll have to flash one of the VIN/Engine unlocked firmware available here. That GitHub home page shows the "internal" Soundaktor, factory fitted on GTI/R... but the GitHub has unlocked firmware for both internal and external. I've already retrofitted the internal, currently running RS4 firmware... sounds good in the car :LOL:.

Drawing is kind of blurry, but J943 is the External Soundaktor Module, R257 is the External Soundaktor (speaker, pictured in my previous post).
View attachment 264092
Thanks for the explanation. I’ll start sourcing the parts.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the explanation. I’ll start sourcing the parts.
Go to the blog in my earlier post. The modules come in several part numbers but they are all the same. And you're going to have to flash it anyway because they are VIN/Engine type locked from the factory.

I should also note your driving mode data set needs to be modified in order to have this change sound for each mode. If you don't care about that or don't have driving modes anyway you can download firmware that is always in sport mode.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
New front end links. Gonna swap these out before I do my dampers so see if this fixes some of the suspension noises I've been having.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got a score on FB marketplace. Grabbed a spare set of wheels for the R. Black 18" Neuspeed RSE52s with decent treadlife P7s P-Zero Neo's. One has come curbing, other 3 are fine. $200.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The caveat is they're for a Mini F55 😂

So they're 18x7.5, 5x112, 66.6 bore. But for $200, they'll fit fine with a hub ring when necessary.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Gave them a quick wipe down. Measured the tread, they still have ~7/32nds of tread left. I already have some Neuspeed satin black touch up paint, I'll just touch up that spot of rash on the 2nd wheel. Still not bad for only $200.

Only downside is VW center caps won't fit, they're too big. Since these are made to use OEM sized Mini caps, I'll just grab some blanks from somewhere.

1667608023540.png

Considering I sold my Pretoria's for $1,200, I have now effectively traded them for a full set of 19" RSE10's on DWS06's with a full size spare, and a full set of 18" RSE52's on P-Zeros.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Module for external soundaktor showed up from somewhere in the EU. I will be so popular in this community with my 2L TDi sounding like the 3.5L BiTDi, or like the Lambo truck 😭.

Module will drive the external speaker that showed up a little bit ago...
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...home-for-your-mkvii-today.329302/post-7892525

I still have to get the external speaker mounted under the car. But I have long planned for this and already have the external soundaktor controls set up in my custom driving profile data set. Wiring is already in the car, maybe I'll sit the speaker in the backseat just to hear it 😂.

PXL_20221107_032352387.jpg
PXL_20221107_032436366.jpg