GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
How much was it for the speaker and how hard was it to install? Hmmmmm.........
Speaker was about $300... I see quite a few i8 speakers on ebay right now, PN 8610987. The speaker is used on various VAG products, BMWs, Mercedes (where my speaker came from), Lamborghini, Maserati, etc. The only difference is typically the brackets attached and the outlet pipe. All of this is welded to the speaker but can be modified/moved/reconfigured by your exhaust shop or fabricator.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=8610987

My specific speaker came off a Mercedes AMG something. The exhaust shop put the car on a lift and custom mounted it without changing any of the brackets on the speaker (just happened to work out). They fabricated some angle brackets, located an existing threaded hole in the rear frame, welded a stud for another location. On the TDI there was only one place it would fit due to the DEF tank. I don't know what it looks like under a gasser. Ultimately you and the shop will have to figure out the mounting location/method. It took the shop about 2 hours from getting the car on the lift to me driving away.

On the electrical side you have the external soundaktor module... In the "Gen 2 Sound Aktor" section of this blog post you can pick up any of these part numbers. They are all the same module, the part number is just determined by the car they are installed (and the software installed). You will have to re-flash the software anyway (factory software is locked to certain VIN/Engine types but that has circumvented by some smart folks).

I just did ebay searches for the last part of the part number, looks like modules going for around $350 right now...
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=907+160

Module connector has 6 wires: Power, Ground, Drivetrain Can High/Low, and then Pos/Neg to the speaker.

You could put the module anywhere I suppose, but factory GTD location is behind the C-pillar trim, I'll find the part number for the bracket and edit this post.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Bought a new waterpump #06l121111p

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
IMG_3273.jpeg
IMG_3263.jpeg
IMG_3262.jpeg
IMG_3261.jpeg
IMG_3260.jpeg
IMG_3259.jpeg
IMG_3258.jpeg
Finally got up under the Suburban to knock the salt off from our Ohio trip a few weeks ago, and hit the Mk7 while I was at it.

After some shop activities of course

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Might be time for another 100whp & or a WaveTrac 🧐

View attachment 298699

I only drive mine about twice a week so it’s still fun the once a month I get to do a pull lol.
More power please. I enjoy a spirited drive in the mountains, but don't do it often enough to appreciate the WaveTrac. HPFP and E85 is the next step, but I'm afraid of is38 exploding lol. I kind of made the is38 decision knowing I was putting myself in a corner and I was okay with that. I made it two years and 30k miles before bitching about wanting more so I'll call it a win!

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI

Help me out Jake, is he going with a dual gated set up on a single turbo? Because this set up don't make sense to me. I think where the wg is mounted is the driver side hot side, but there is a small diameter tube coming from the passenger side as well? A single unit could control the turbo more efficiently installed right at the merge before the turbine inlet. Like I did on my GTO.

1706804278918.png

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Dual gates, one on each header. The two gates Y from dual 1.75” into single 2.5” that’ll Y into 4” after the T56 so all of the fire exits out the factory drivers side exhaust tip location.

He already had dual 44mm gates, and I suspect a single 60mm could’ve done it more simply, but not my call.
IMG_3129.jpeg
IMG_3128.jpeg
IMG_3127.jpeg
IMG_3112.jpeg
IMG_3113.jpeg

We’re very space limited at the firewall because he wanted to re use existing headers, so this is best case scenario to prevent boost creep/drive pressure issues.

78mm single on a 6.0 should make 11psi by about 3k rpm, and he’s gonna rev it to 7-8k.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Still cleans up nice after 7 years and 82k miles. I'm starting to get bored though o_O

View attachment 298691
To go E85 the right way and gain basically 50HP, it would be another $2,000 lol. I'm good.

Tune= $475. $350+$125 to accommodate the Golf R injectors I have installed
HPFP= $750
LPFP= $700

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI