GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sounds like you had some oil hanging around. I'm curious what your spark plugs look like. What turbo/boost were you running?

It’s just is38 on APR, nothing crazy.

I’m planning on swapping the PCV, plugs & oil (cutting the oil filter over paper to check for bearing material). If anything looks bad I’ll borescope it & do a compression test.

But first things first, I have a downpipe to finish & didn’t unload anything from the track yet.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bummer, been wanting to try AutoX
You can still run but you'll be is XA class, which unless you have ton of work done, won't be competitive

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
You can still run but you'll be is XA class, which unless you have ton of work done, won't be competitive
XA is such a crap shoot. Like, I did fairly well in my NA 2.0 mk4 Jetta wagon, but then other regions' XA lineups would have these absolutely bonkers builds. Either way @Autobahn it's still a ton of fun, and a great way to get to better understand the car and yourself.

Going in with the intent of being competitive right out the gate is not the best idea though, because getting raw timed by an NA Miata hurts :( Our region has guys who have been doing this for decades, and honestly it's more driver skill/experience than just the car. But that's what makes it fun, you can't just checkbook your way to being good.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
XA is such a crap shoot. Like, I did fairly well in my NA 2.0 mk4 Jetta wagon, but then other regions' XA lineups would have these absolutely bonkers builds. Either way @Autobahn it's still a ton of fun, and a great way to get to better understand the car and yourself.

Going in with the intent of being competitive right out the gate is not the best idea though, because getting raw timed by an NA Miata hurts :( Our region has guys who have been doing this for decades, and honestly it's more driver skill/experience than just the car. But that's what makes it fun, you can't just checkbook your way to being good.

Our XA has a Stage 3 Golf R with widebody, no interior etc. Plan to fit 275's

An E85 big turbo Supra with 295's

An LS 240SX

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Brought the car in for a state safety inspection yesterday and left with a souvenir.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice the damage until today but thought I saw the guy bump into the in-ground lift as he was pulling into the inspection bay but it didn't register at the time.

I'm going to go back tomorrow and see how they handle this but needless to say I'm very frustrated pissed.

wheel.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Not me, but the shop did get my new ACT clutch kit installed. I think currently they are trying to find a set of TTY bolts for the axles.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
IMG_5878.jpeg

IMG_5877.jpeg

Alignment done, the pass rear camber was really out.

Maxed out the rear and front camber. I might need to raise the car a little for these Apex wheels and RE-71RS tires. I may need some more room up front with added caster from the SuperPro arms. RE-71RS is a bit meatier compared the V730’s.

Gonna test it out this weekend over some bumps and harder driving around town.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
View attachment 293742

Maxed out the rear and front camber. I might need to raise the car a little for these Apex wheels and RE-71RS tires. I may need some more room up front with added caster from the SuperPro arms. RE-71RS is a bit meatier compared the V730’s.

RE71RS run pretty wide, yeah, 9.8" for 245 width tire. I think the only track tires which run wider are Hankook RS4 (9.9" section width) and RT660 (10" section width) for 200tw. Wish we had more room in the wheel wells on these cars.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
View attachment 293741

View attachment 293742

Those VS-5RS wheels are gorgeous. I really wanted them but decided to give the wallet a little break. These just arrived Monday. I’m not even home to see them though.

IMG_2941.jpeg

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
RE71RS run pretty wide, yeah, 9.8" for 245 width tire. I think the only track tires which run wider are Hankook RS4 (9.9" section width) and RT660 (10" section width) for 200tw. Wish we had more room in the wheel wells on these cars.
These are actually 255/35 which are 10.2”

I had to run a 3mm spacer to clear my brakes pushing the wheels to 39et from 42et. Overall I’m happy that this new track wheel setup, was unsure if I could pull it off

Civic Type R has a lot room for track meats.

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
These are actually 255/35 which are 10.2”

I had to run a 3mm spacer to clear my brakes pushing the wheels to 39et from 42et. Overall I’m happy that this new track wheel setup, was unsure if I could pull it off
Oof yeah, that's pushing it. Congrats though!