GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Lost the lower nut on my front SuperPro endlink. Clunks like a bitch. Does anyone know the thread pitch of the SuperPro endlinks? It's different from VW OE.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
How is the ride with B8 and DG's?
No complaints. When I installed the DG springs on the stock suspension it felt pretty stiff. B8s made the ride MUCH better and feels OEM+. Height is how VW should've sold these cars.
Only con I have is at first at high speed the springs slightly feel floaty. I'm considering switching out to different springs to kill the tiny gap I have left. DG springs are very good for being able to drop the car .75" without sacrificing daily driving. I've taken uneven roads at high speeds with confidence of not having to ruin the oil pan. I'm hesitant on swapping to 1 inch lowering springs or bags.

entire thread below on these springs. not sure if they still sell them though.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ur-vw-driver-gear-spring-setup.320138/page-46

Last edited:

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Late yesterday I installed an IE Intake and turbo inlet pipe, replacing the respective ECS (without heatshield 😬) and stock parts. Much less janky than before; it's nice to move away from ECS parts. Especially because of moving to an APR tune from a JB4 a couple weeks ago, it feels like a whole different car.

Related to the intake install though, why would the factory intake shroud be blocked off on the right side in front of the original intake box and require air to come over from the left that it's from the direction of free-stream air? See picture in spoiler for reference.

20221228_171134.jpg

20221228_171116.jpg

20221228_145852.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Late yesterday I installed an IE Intake and turbo inlet pipe, replacing the respective ECS (without heatshield 😬) and stock parts. Much less janky than before; it's nice to move away from ECS parts. Especially because of moving to an APR tune from a JB4 a couple weeks ago, it feels like a whole different car.

Related to the intake install though, why would the factory intake shroud be blocked off on the right side in front of the original intake box and require air to come over from the left that it's from the direction of free-stream air? See picture in spoiler for reference.

View attachment 268973

View attachment 268974

Best guess is to avoid snow and water intake into the airbox. Only the GTE I believe comes with the stock Air tray blocked on the left from the factory.

Might also have to do with airflow over the engine as the oil filter is on that side along with the DP.

Most have cut out or drilled openings on the right and removed the snow guard under the filter with no issue. Blocking the left doesn't seem to cause temperatures to rise, just seems to help with IATs when idle as you're not pulling in engine bay air.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
No complaints. When I installed the DG springs on the stock suspension it felt pretty stiff. B8s made the ride MUCH better and feels OEM+. Height is how VW should've sold these cars.
Only con I have is at first at high speed the springs slightly feel floaty. I'm considering switching out to different springs to kill the tiny gap I have left. DG springs are very good for being able to drop the car .75" without sacrificing daily driving. I've taken uneven roads at high speeds with confidence of not having to ruin the oil pan. I'm hesitant on swapping to 1 inch lowering springs or bags.

entire thread below on these springs. not sure if they still sell them though.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ur-vw-driver-gear-spring-setup.320138/page-46
I have Neuspeed Sport springs with B8s and I like the ride a lot.

1FC5AD31-CAB3-4104-A458-67CAC0A5DEAF.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
50 degrees? Wheel washing

Also readjusted my headlights…yay

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Over the last two days I installed Eibach Pro-kit springs, and did a clay at and wax. I’m really happy with the drop combined with the wheels.
99E57F7A-37E1-43F1-9CFE-A5550621A60A.jpeg

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
not today but I did a cruise with a mint/teal wrapped mk7 the other day and I wanted to message them on instagram and say cool car but their username isn't active lol if anyone knows who "@Sporty_GTI" is in central New Jersey...

then I saw a Fahrenheit mk5 about 15 min later that was in rough shape but I gave him the nod. it's actually like the 2nd or 3rd Fahrenheit I've seen this year. kinda strange. all different cars, too.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Wait, when?
I remember reading his writeups in 2020/2021, when I first got my GTI and was looking for some goodies for it. By the numbers I went with the 034 intake kit/aFe filter, and found the data interesting.

I'm not sure I'd spend $500 on an intake, and he does seem a bit more accusatory as of late rather than collecting data.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah he’s done This a few times now, it’s hilarious how he acts with the “I’m telling on you” shit.

He lives in a very odd bubble in his mind where he really thinks he’s the humble hero of the story who protects the world with Truth and data - in reality he’s very biased and extremely insecure and needs to feel he wins the littlest of disagreement. And on facebook it’s real wild he’s just on their legit trolling for a response so he can make a blog about it, it’s not an organic Exchanges he’s got intent for this shit, while it’s annoying seeing it happen in forum land… when I think big picture i can only feel some empathy when I think about how his life must be outside of “air flow” and “typing” for him to need this Avenue of outlet to feel good and purposeful.

It’s clear Jeff just needs someone to talk to. 😅