GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I was gonna go with 235/40/18 to get rid of the gap abit and had to buy 225/40/18 instead since 235s were out of stock.

Installed some PS4S. I'm sure if I went 235 I would rub the fender line with 15mm on the front. The rear should be fine with 20mm and TT pads

IMG_3514.jpg

Much better than the indy 500.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
^ I love my PS4S. Got a great deal on them and opted for OEM size. Not looking forward to putting all seasons back on in a month or so =/

I have 17.5mm spacers I back and TT pads, and I have never heard a rub or anything yet.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
^ I love my PS4S. Got a great deal on them and opted for OEM size. Not looking forward to putting all seasons back on in a month or so =/

I have 17.5mm spacers I back and TT pads, and I have never heard a rub or anything yet.
I get to run these all year long :cool:

I have yet tried them out, I did notice the steering is so much better.

With 20mm I don't rub either.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
View attachment 225528

Just DG springs, had them since 3k miles on stock shocks and have been fine. (90k currently) Will be putting some Bilstein's on around 100 if i keep it that long.
Looks amazing. Seems a little lower than other cars posted, mine included. I wonder if that's due to using the OEM shocks/struts.

Cosmic Heretic

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Nice looking set up! I recently ordered to the Konig Ultraform (18x8.5et42) and I'm torn between the 245 and 235 tires on a lowered set up. What's your experience with fitment and rubbing plus right quality between the 2 tires?
I'm looking at the same wheels. How did they work out for you and what tires did you go with?

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Before/after DG springs on '17 1.8 TSi w/Q5 OEM wheels (10mm wider/less offset) 225/40/18 cheapie tires to get started and out of SUV/grandma ride height/wheels. Before was a full year before after doing wheels, lowered pic was after only about 40 miles of settling, they seem to have settled another 1/10" or so since.... For some reason my neighbors stock (maybe not?) GTI looks a little lower still, ride feels very comparable to a slightly stiffer than GTI stock, a little bouncy but far less body roll and float than stock TSi suspension. Honestly, kinda wish I went with a progressive spring to absorb some of the bounce from the rear. I'm installing 25mm RSB soon and would have done the more painful to install front as well if I had went with progressive springs, like H&R Sport.
20201214_113814_HDR.jpg

20211108_083421_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

BDZ

Car(s)
2018 Golf Sportwagen
Great pics! Is anyone running DG springs on a fwd GSW? If so, are you dealing with reverse rake after adding TT or ED rear pads?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
How is the ride with the B8s?
Amazing. When I did the springs with the stock shocks/struts I felt like the car rode kinda rough imo.
One of my favorite mods for ride quality. Rides like a luxury/sporty I guess you can say. I've asked passengers how the car rides and they say it rides well. These springs are good for a daily with a very minimal performance. I'm sure a RSB and better tires such as PS4S would improve handling. One of the main reasons I decided these B8's is that you can swap out the DG springs for any other lowering springs. I've had this set up for a while now and honestly I would like to go with bags in the future. Flooding is getting worse in my neighborhood and it would be nice to max the ride height when needed.