GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Well maybe you have better luck :( I cant figure out why mine started sagging so fast, it sagged exactly the same as the original one that was already sagging when i bought the car... I figured it would eventually start sagging but didn't think it would be a matter of months...

So I am assuming its the heat in FL?
Miami heat, humidity and salty air will destroy most things in short order, if left exposed to those elements most of the time.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Your engine will get extremely dusty with that weather stripping removed.

Idk if that’s really true tho.
I have my weather stripping and mine engine is already dusty.

If it's proven to lower oil and coolant temps, it would be worth a little dust.

It definitely aids flow to the engine bay due to the differential pressure zones. Also makes your turbo go whoooosh

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
We spoke about it but I did something similar. I didn’t wanna give up the versatility of the hatch so I used the 2 gallon under the floor as a primary and a 4 gallon as a supplemental tank. Pictured here with my beautiful dog Sophie who passed away this past weekend.
View attachment 214046View attachment 214047

man, I am sorry to hear that😔

nothing I’ve ever experienced hurts more (and that includes losing family members)

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Made several trips to work on my moms new house, just over 80 miles round trip each day plus Lowe’s runs so plenty of fun backroad miles on the GTI & GLI this weekend (suburban went too).

Felt good to play contractor and help her out, but I’m ready to get back to building car parts next week.
Beautiful place to get some work done before the summer heat really hits!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Beautiful place to get some work done before the summer heat really hits!

Yeah I told her if I fence in the yard it’ll have to wait till winter! It’s beautiful out right now, but 90-100* days are right around the corner.

For now I’ll probably just fix some minor grading issues and re gravel the driveway.

if warranty isn’t a concern EQT is a great choice

This! If anyone has any concerns about warranty (or going without one) Jb4 is the way to go. I didn’t cover that in the video

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Yeah I told her if I fence in the yard it’ll have to wait till winter! It’s beautiful out right now, but 90-100* days are right around the corner.

For now I’ll probably just fix some minor grading issues and re gravel the driveway.

This! If anyone has any concerns about warranty (or going without one) Jb4 is the way to go. I didn’t cover that in the video
Well I’ve got that big-ole 6-year 75,000 mile warranty.. that’s the only teetering factor

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Well I’ve got that big-ole 6-year 75,000 mile warranty.. that’s the only teetering factor

I bought mine with the intention of immediately voiding the warranty, just depends on your comfort level. My 2016 Gti (purchased new in Dec 2015) has never been wrenched on by anyone but me.

Its at 105k miles now, almost all of them tuned and more recently is38 so I’ve called the bluff so to speak, but it was always in the budget to fix it on my dime if I wasn’t so lucky.

My wife’s GLI on the other hand will remain stock. I probably still won’t let anyone else work on it, but she likes it in factory form.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I bought mine with the intention of immediately voiding the warranty, just depends on your comfort level. My 2016 Gti (purchased new in Dec 2015) has never been wrenched on by anyone but me.

Its at 105k miles now, almost all of them tuned and more recently is38 so I’ve called the bluff so to speak, but it was always in the budget to fix it on my dime if I wasn’t so lucky.

My wife’s GLI on the other hand will remain stock. I probably still won’t let anyone else work on it, but she likes it in factory form.
Same here. I drove it for 2000 miles and then got all the bolt ons and straight to the dyno for tuning.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion