GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Sportbikemike

Go Kart Newbie
I run spacers front and back so I needed longer bolts. I also wanted "tuner" style so as to minimize the risk of scratching the finish when removing them and putting them back on.

Anyway, Otis Inc LA is where I got them. Only place I could find conical tuner bolts in the lengths I needed.
I got the tuner style from ECS. Definitely fit the bolt holes a lot cleaner than the big ass stock

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I got the tuner style from ECS. Definitely fit the bolt holes a lot cleaner than the big ass stock

I spent entirely too long searching for the style / seat / finish / lengths that I wanted and never found the magical combo. Settled for 3 out of 4 and ended up with zinc plated instead of black.

If the bolt I had hoped to find really does exist I don't think I want to know about it at this point

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
Installed more 2017 OEM goodness in my 2021

21BE8DB3-E171-4793-8FD0-6EC7E0867E1C.jpeg

05D3F6B4-3AD4-482C-955D-ACAA0B913DC0.jpeg
DFC47432-6AAB-4ADD-9FD0-1D2D2BAF891D.jpeg

A6671788-BAB9-4F94-B35F-1DF8626E7C1E.jpeg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Tuned in Florida and then hit elevation?

edit: Also, completely forgot about this and may try to push over there to make it to the Mk7/MQB meet later today.
So yes. Our cars are torque targeting though so the ecu should have compensated. No knock on the pull, wish I would have been logging. Went 2k miles with no issue and several repeated WOT pulls during tuning. Sucks because I was looking forward to driving the mountains and now instead I’m looking at a 700 dollar tow bill back home.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
So yes. Our cars are torque targeting though so the ecu should have compensated. No knock on the pull, wish I would have been logging. Went 2k miles with no issue and several repeated WOT pulls during tuning. Sucks because I was looking forward to driving the mountains and now instead I’m looking at a 700 dollar tow bill back home.

So the blown turbo is confirmed? What happened?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Damn that sucks.

I’m going to have to wait until next year to attend since I’d rather not make a rushed effort this weekend.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So the blown turbo is confirmed? What happened?
All but. Car runs but makes no boost, persistent p0033 code. Bearings don’t sound good. My mechanic is here but we’ve been unable to meet up, enjoying the weekend with my wife and friends.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
All but. Car runs but makes no boost, persistent p0033 code. Bearings don’t sound good. My mechanic is here but we’ve been unable to meet up, enjoying the weekend with my wife and friends.
You checked all the boost hoses and inlets? Were you WOT when pop? Turbine whistle of death?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Balls. That sucks. Wasn't it just rebuilt?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You checked all the boost hoses and inlets? Were you WOT when pop? Turbine whistle of death?
Checked charge pipes this morning, all intact. Was passing a car, maybe not full throttle but definitely on it. Car sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
Balls. That sucks. Wasn't it just rebuilt?
Yes it was.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Checked charge pipes this morning, all intact. Was passing a car, maybe not full throttle but definitely on it. Car sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Yes it was.
If you get a chance pull your DV and inspect it. Also see what your WG voltage is reading.