GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got with the trends and did the Brake Boost lowering / pedal firming and the heartbeat start/stop OBDII mods.

I'm still fighting the urge to get a downpipe. Three day weekend would have been a bit terrible time to do it though.

As my Subi neighbor said: just send that shit. A dp install on ramps is not difficult at all.
How do you like the brake booster change?

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
As my Subi neighbor said: just send that shit. A dp install on ramps is not difficult at all.
How do you like the brake booster change?

Lol that should have read *not* a terrible time to do it.

Yeah, I'm not afraid of the install. I'm excited for it.

Brake booster...I think it feels firmer. I didn't A/B it with the stock setting but overall it seems less mushy and easier to modulate. I'm happy I did it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Lol that should have read *not* a terrible time to do it.

Yeah, I'm not afraid of the install. I'm excited for it.

Brake booster...I think it feels firmer. I didn't A/B it with the stock setting but overall it seems less mushy and easier to modulate. I'm happy I did it.

Well, hurry up and send that shit! :)
Let me guess: you have Monday off like all normal folks? Cause I don't and now need a reason to feel jealous.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well, hurry up and send that shit! :)
Let me guess: you have Monday off like all normal folks? Cause I don't and now need a reason to feel jealous.

I always have Monday off. I work Tuesday through Friday. :D

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I work Friday-Monday on second shift (Monday is 6am-11pm)

Beggers can’t be choosers though, I’m just happy to be off third shift after 8+ years

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Picked up a set of RSe07s yesterday. Not sure if I'll use them as rollers or winters, but the deal was too good to pass up!

Always nice to have extra sets, I’m currently on the hunt for “winter” 18s for my DWS that’ll clear my St40. I traded my Austin for Alzor over summer and made the mistake of not test fitting them

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I'm midway through a dp install. I didn't have an 02 socket on hand and thought I could get the old pipe out with it on. Nope, or at least not easy enough.

Then tried to take it off from below on the disconnected pipe with a 22mm wrench. Also nope. It's welded on pretty good. Waiting for Amazon prime to deliver a socket and some pb blaster. Ive got a torch just in case.

Also, getting the drivers side mounting bolt off the block was a ridiculous bit of contortionism requiring a wobble socket, plus a ujoint adapter and a mirror, all with me sitting on top of the engine. I absolutely could not get to it from any other spot. Couldn't even see it from below. All those vids must be on non pp cars. However, if I'd taken the 02 sensor off first, i wouldnt have needed so much bendy extension shenanigans.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm midway through a dp install. I didn't have an 02 socket on hand and thought I could get the old pipe out with it on. Nope, or at least not easy enough..

Yea, removing the stock DP was painful. I managed to get a wrench on the O2 sensor once the DP was disconnected from the turbo. I could only reach that drivers bolt from under the car. Fun times I don’t want to do again.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm midway through a dp install. I didn't have an 02 socket on hand and thought I could get the old pipe out with it on. Nope, or at least not easy enough.

Then tried to take it off from below on the disconnected pipe with a 22mm wrench. Also nope. It's welded on pretty good. Waiting for Amazon prime to deliver a socket and some pb blaster. Ive got a torch just in case.

Also, getting the drivers side mounting bolt off the block was a ridiculous bit of contortionism requiring a wobble socket, plus a ujoint adapter and a mirror, all with me sitting on top of the engine. I absolutely could not get to it from any other spot. Couldn't even see it from below. All those vids must be on non pp cars. However, if I'd taken the 02 sensor off first, i wouldnt have needed so much bendy extension shenanigans.
mine came out with the O2 still on...to lots n lots of shimmying and twisting to find the right angle back n forth from above n below, would have been much better with a second person to help. But yeah I was ready to give up... it was so hard to “find” the right twist plus angle to get the stock DP out and once you find it, it literally slips out with ease.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

Mine was very tough to get out with the o2 sensor attached. Ended up mangling the heat shielding at the firewall and the pipe 90% out - but no more. Out of frustration and time constraints, I took a sawzall to it. Didn't cut clean through, but enough to bend the pipe to get it out. Had the car raised 20" on jackstands and still could not turn it enough to get out. Perhaps if the O2 sensor was removed first ( like the instructions say :) ) it would have been a cinch.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Loving the AWE track exhaust on my second MK7 as well.

Exhaust.JPG

Last edited:

Badgers?

Car(s)
2019 GTI AB DSG NBM
Had the dealer shove some foam in with the fuel lines to stop an extremely annoying buzz from the passenger side B-pillar.

Now the car is perfect.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Mine was very tough to get out with the o2 sensor attached. Ended up mangling the heat shielding at the firewall and the pipe 90% out - but no more. Out of frustration and time constraints, I took a sawzall to it. Didn't cut clean through, but enough to bend the pipe to get it out. Had the car raised 20" on jackstands and still could not turn it enough to get out. Perhaps if the O2 sensor was removed first ( like the instructions say :) ) it would have been a cinch.

Yup, I reattached the pipe via the tunnel bracket temporarily and then put the 02 socket on from the top with a long extension. Then broke it loose and took it off. With it off and then after removing the bracket that holds the pipe to the block and fishing that out, it only took 10 minutes to get the stock pipe out, though I feel like I got lucky and it kind of fell into the right position to get dragged out.

The new pipe is in, which was a breeze. So far, no leaks, no fumes at all and knock wood, I think I got the 02 spacing right on the first try. No cel at 50 miles.

But, the rasp and drone is the downside. It's nasty. I want as stealth as possible. Ordered a vibrant res, and we'll see if thats enough or I need mufflers too (my car came with no suitcase muffler).

Welding is the one thing I don't know how to do, so I have to find somewhere that does decent work.