What did you do to your mk7 today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
F curbs and me mis-judging them.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Got my OBD Eleven device, coded the mirrors to auto fold, and turned on the puddle lights. Carista sucks.

Also, installed some Badgeskin items

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Finally got around to using the CRC GDI Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner I bought a couple months ago. Bought a throttle depressor off Amazon for $19 to assist and Boomba boost tap to spray into the manifold. Took about 30 mins to spray the entire can.
Some weird popping/clanking noises when I was spraying. Also sometimes when I was spraying the engine RPM rose instead of decrease. Kinda weird. At the end I couldn't accelerate the engine as the instructions recommend, RPM just stayed at 2Kish. I just used a piece of plastic to cover the vacuum hole, maybe I shouldve used something better. Also I have a Dinantronic Sport Tuner, maybe that had a factor in the RPM issues.
But overall engine feels smoother. After doing the final drive it started raining, will change oil out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cracksilog

Passed Driver's Ed
Changed my oil for my car’s first 10k service (well it was more like 10.5k lol) with the ECS Tuning kit. Love how they have a sticker. And I know it’s been said here before, but I love how the drain plug on our cars functions. Most cars I’ve worked on have drain plugs which are essentially screws, but those genius German engineers made a plug with a locking mechanism

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Installed an Injen SP intake. I know, I know...it’s just for sound. I had a used one a couple of years ago and it feels better this time now that I have the larger ECS inlet pipe and the drivers side inlet dremeled out.

Got it through Amazon Prime warehouse. Brand new, damaged box (barely) for $130 shipped so I couldn’t resist.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It’s available for pre-order. Expected ship is later this month. The new dongle will be compatible with both iOS and Android.

New dongle was just delayed until Aug. App will be avail for download 6/17.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
My intention was to create a thread once everything was done. The biggest issue is just finding time to work on it.

No worries, I know what you mean! I'm not on here everyday and with so many posts it might slip through the cracks but I'm definitely interested in what you come up with. If you happen to remember... please send me a PM or something with a link to your thread when your finished!

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
Windshield replaced today! While he had it apart, I took the opportunity to unplug that stupid f#cking Soundaktor!!

After the windshield was finished I spent time in the trunk making a custom foam tray for all the tools and everything that was in the VW Roadside Assistance Bag. I got everything to fit under the lid and moved my dog hammock to the side pocket, so hatch is completely clear now and everything has a nice neat home!! Really happy to have this done.

BTW, I also read elsewhere that reversing the sub and spare actually improves bass response and gets rid of some harmonic vibrations, plus you then don’t have to remove the sub to get to the spare. So I flipped mine.

Pics of windshield

The Soundaktor that I unplugged… what a pain in the ass to get to! Finally just unscrewed the damn thing so I could turn it to get to the plug. The alarm horn is really in the way, and unplugging that wasn’t enough. Luckily the windshield was removed when I did it, so just unscrewed the two torx screws that hold it on.

Pics of working on the spare tire tool tray. I bought a 2’ x 4’ Kaizen Foam that was 2-1/4” thick. I actually bought two just in case, and after I cut the first one trying to fill the whole trunk I realized I would have been better off using the two long way and splitting it in the middle. It would have been SO much cleaner than how this turned out, but it was too late once I realized this. However, once the lid is on, you don’t see the mess in the very back, so no big deal.

For the initial shape, I simply used the cardboard box the foam cane in to create a template to know where the notches needed to be.

For the tool slots, I simply traced the tools and used a utility knife to cut down into the foam layers and peeled the foam out. You want it to be snug, so it takes a little trial and error to get them right, but super easy to do.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Washed the 17" Karthoum wheels I picked up a couple weeks ago to use as winter wheels. Tires on them are junk so need to getting my existing winter rubber swapped over to them.

Hello friend! Haven't seen many other owners with CO's... but there are a few of us :D

What size tires are you running? I'm on stock tires and am thinking about stepping up to 235 section width when it's time to replace. Yours look a little meatier which I think looks good on these cars.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Installed the WCT throttle spacer. It really does help with heel/toe downshifting and maybe I'm imagining it, but the throttle pedal feels a bit stiffer (in a good way). Maybe because of the new angle, the leverage is decreased.