GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Steering wheel cover. Definitely was easier to do with the wheel removed while I watched tv.

The perforated leather looks sick. Did you work off a template or pattern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Swapped to the 8" glass display. Added matching trim to the cubby and shifter too.

I had the other 8" screen before, but the non-functioning nav button bugged me. I don't love the piano black, but the glass screen is so much brighter and crisper than the matte screen. I also love that the App button goes straight to Android auto.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Looks good. I have one on the way. How easy was it to remove the wheel? The possibility of the airbag going off has me a bit sketched out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Shouldn't go off if you have the battery disconnected. For extra safety you could also disable the airbag unit, but that's probably overkill.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Swapped to the 8" glass display. Added matching trim to the cubby and shifter too.

I had the other 8" screen before, but the non-functioning nav button bugged me. I don't love the piano black, but the glass screen is so much brighter and crisper than the matte screen. I also love that the App button goes straight to Android auto.

Is that a cell phone style screen protector I see on your 8"?

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good. I have one on the way. How easy was it to remove the wheel? The possibility of the airbag going off has me a bit sketched out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wasn't an issue, just disconnect the battery. The wheel is easy to remove, just make sure to make marks so you can accurately reinstall it. Less than 10 mins.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

It looks soooo good, do you have navigation?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
No I don't, which is fine because I prefer to use Google maps or Waze anyway.

I don't have Nav either, but I have a Nav unit on the way so I can see navigation on the AID, which is also on the way... I really wish Google Maps would show on the AID, that would be perfect.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I don't have Nav either, but I have a Nav unit on the way so I can see navigation on the AID, which is also on the way... I really wish Google Maps would show on the AID, that would be perfect.

Yea that's the only thing holding me back from installing the AID, not sure it's worth the money without having the map in the display.

But at the same time adding a nav unit just to have it in the AID Is definitely not worth the trouble haha.

I'm torn - I purposely did not buy the black trim for the center cluster because of the possibility of going the AID route. I'll probably do it if I can find one cheap enough. Have you already installed yours? Does it function abnormally at all without having nav?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yea that's the only thing holding me back from installing the AID, not sure it's worth the money without having the map in the display.

But at the same time adding a nav unit just to have it in the AID Is definitely not worth the trouble haha.

I'm torn - I purposely did not buy the black trim for the center cluster because of the possibility of going the AID route. I'll probably do it if I can find one cheap enough. Have you already installed yours? Does it function abnormally at all without having nav?

It's definitely not worth it, haha... I want the glass display but I want my brushed "aluminum" trim too. I wonder how difficult the trim would be to wrap, assuming I find matching vinyl. Also concerned the display will look out of place with no other glass/gloss anywhere.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
It's definitely not worth it, haha... I want the glass display but I want my brushed "aluminum" trim too. I wonder how difficult the trim would be to wrap, assuming I find matching vinyl. Also concerned the display will look out of place with no other glass/gloss anywhere.

There's a vinyl wrap thread I came across recently, you can make it look good if you're patient (which I am not haha).

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26467