GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

B_waggs831

Passed Driver's Ed
I made some graphical and textual changes to the MIB2.5, so now GTE mode has its own driving profile button:

That is really cool. How did you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
I made some graphical and textual changes to the MIB2.5, so now GTE mode has its own driving profile button:

Do you charge for your programming services? Would love to some custom shit to my 2019 R, but I have no idea how you did that.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Do you charge for your programming services? Would love to some custom shit to my 2019 R, but I have no idea how you did that.
I'm living in the Netherlands, and installing this kind of stuff is a little too complex to let the owner install this on their own. So it's not really practical But... If you have any specific modification ideas, let me know and maybe I'll come up with a way to install it remotely or by SD.

lololol chillout is a serious developer. the stuff he does is beyond the capabilities of 99.9999% of the world's population
Thank you thank you, far too kind! :cool:

That is really cool. How did you do that?
- Gateway firmware modification to add driving profile selection to my car (it used to have only GTE mode, a special sporty hybrid-drivingmode)
- Graphics changes to get a GTE logo instead of the Clubsport mode that I posted about a few weeks ago.
- Textual changes in the MIB2's language files.
- And the most important part: being amazed by the vibrant colors of the screen which Volkswagen decided not to show too much of for some reason.

Can comfort steering mode be coded in to a GTI?
I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
Finally finished my Mib2 retrofit thanks to the infamous Jack in Poland!

I haven’t reached out to him yet but probably should because I can’t figure out what I need to change to make the Drive Mode screen look the way it did before the retrofit :/

This is from the other day (before have him do his thing). I feel like the Drive Mode screen looked different, unless I’m forgetting what it actually looked like lol

-Martin

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
Chased the weirdest “sticky” noise that I’d hear out of my left ear while driving my Rabbit. Took apart most of the B pillar, worked on the window gasket everything, turned out to be the hinged section of the seatbelt hanger. The entire thing has just enough wiggle on its pivot bolt and just the right amount of grease that at certain times you’d get that sticky type of noise from it. Ended up using a long qtip applicator and applied a few drops of motorcycle fork oil to it. No real reason for the shock oil besides I had a bottle of it handy.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
This is from the other day (before have him do his thing). I feel like the Drive Mode screen looked different, unless I’m forgetting what it actually looked like lol

Are you missing profiles? Or what is the difference? If you are missing profiles, you need the correct FPA-dataset (fahrprofilauswahl, driving profile selection) for your car to be flashed onto the Gateway.