GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Cleaned all the winter grime off the undercarriage, gave it a quick wash, and finally got the wheels and tires on.

Neuspeed RSe10, 18x8.5 ET45, machined silver finish with Firestone Indy 500 235/40R18.

Golf R hatchback front springs, euro Golf R Wagon rear springs.

This is begging for an R bumper conversion.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Went under my Golf-R to retorque the clamps on my Borla exhaust since I took it off last weekend to paint the tips black, also touched up on exposed steel parts with Fluid Film since I was under there anyway. Also touched up the front areas too.

racerxxx

Ready to race!
Finally got my roof wrapped. Bought the wrap on Black Friday when Klii had their sale. Absolutely love how it looks. Also installed a Racingline air filter to replace the stocker.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

feelthaflo

Hey all, new GTI owner here :) I did a few things to my Mk7 over the past few days:
- Bought from the dealer and brought it home!
- Day 1: full tint, Llumar 80 on windshield, Wincos 30 on front and 20 on the rest (better heat rejection than Llumar for our TX summers!)
- Day 2: clutch assist spring removal, made a noticeable improvement to engagement point feel - about 2min with a pair of pliers and well worth it!

Attachments

• Resized_20190427_162147_6776-1008x567.jpeg
    Resized_20190427_162147_6776-1008x567.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 450

etmanning

Ready to race!
Hey all, new GTI owner here :) I did a few things to my Mk7 over the past few days:
- Day 1: full tint, Llumar 80 on windshield, Wincos 30 on front and 20 on the rest (better heat rejection than Llumar for our TX summers!)
- Day 2: clutch assist spring removal, made a noticeable improvement to engagement point feel - about 2min with a pair of pliers and well worth it!
Do the bleeder block and diy clutch stop next. Definitely worthwile and makes a huge difference. Congrats on the car as well!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
How’s the reach for the paddles? Nice looking.

Reach was great, even at 9 & 3 position. The lower portion wasn't ideal IMO, but figured out you need to pull them towards the "top" of the steering wheel (so down and into the center if the wheel is upside down) and the feedback from the bottom wasn't great.

I thought they were going to be a darker blue from the pics on the web site, so I pulled them and am returning them and getting some Royal Blue paddles from Mode (check out my first post on the build thread for a link if you're interested).

Other than not being the color I wanted, I thought they were solid.

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
Sorry to see about the garage shelf falling. Is your CF hood UV protected?

Regular clear coat does not appear to provide sufficient UV protection. Since our hoods are steel I'm sure that provides good weight savings. Did you take anything out from the trunk to balance?

I am getting the same exact hood as that guy and am wondering myself on how to protect it... hopefully this wasn't already asked and answered, but what is the best way to UV protect a CF hood??

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

When you say Llumar 80 on the windshield are you just talking about a strip across the top?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
When you say Llumar 80 on the windshield are you just talking about a strip across the top?

Probably the whole windshield like what others do with that tint level

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited: