GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Chad M

Paddle extensions installed. On a separate note, VW really did a good job with this steering wheel, I think it looks great.

The steering wheel, specifically the GTI logo (looks like a sticker) is one of the few things that I don’t like about the car.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
First cold day here in NC so I mounted my stock Nogaro's with stock rubber back up, along with a 15/20 spacer kit I got on sale from Black Friday. Looks pretty sharp but why oh why does boost weather also mean no traction weather LOL!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Not today but over the weekend I went back to stock body and swapped wheels.

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Pulled my rear right door panel to find my leak and sure enough the bottom part of the speaker gasket was hanging down broken. Didn't have time to drill out speaker rivets and do a full repair so i put a bead of black RTV around the edge and taped it up, should hold until I have a chance to do a full repair. Now on to drying the carpet fully...

What a stupid design on a car that's very solid overall. A thin, cheap foam line to keep water out of the interior...very smart.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Paddle extensions installed. On a separate note, VW really did a good job with this steering wheel, I think it looks great.

Have you sat in a MK6? It's one of the biggest disappointments in the MK7 coming from the 6 lol. The 6's wheel was BEEFY, the buttons clicked in such a satisfying way, there was a general sense of quality.

Comparatively, the 7's wheel is skinny, the buttons are hard plastic that pivot in a kinda low quality way, and the lack of perforated leather is all just eh.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Not today but over the weekend I went back to stock body and swapped wheels.

what made you go back to stock body? I think the R front looked better.. but I'm biased lol

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
No issues with traction with the new GSW 4motion, just got 40% all around, and put my GTI wheels on[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
what made you go back to stock body? I think the R front looked better.. but I'm biased lol

Long term goal is to trade the car in, maybe in a year or two. Will likely get more on trade if it's stock and the opportunity came up so I took it.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
OBDeleven arrived and I cleared an airbag code :)

I suspect I'll spend the majority of my day at work slacking off and researching what else I can do with my new toy.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
OBDeleven arrived and I cleared an airbag code :)

I suspect I'll spend the majority of my day at work slacking off and researching what else I can do with my new toy.

Spend a couple bucks and use the apps to make some quick changes. Open close windows with fob is awesome for the hot summer. I have the S model and set it to run my LED fogs as DRL’s.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Spend a couple bucks and use the apps to make some quick changes. Open close windows with fob is awesome for the hot summer. I have the S model and set it to run my LED fogs as DRL’s.

It came with 100 credits, so I’m planning to play around with it.

I want to code the exhaust flaps to always open, but it looks like I’d need to upgrade to Pro for that.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
It came with 100 credits, so I’m planning to play around with it.

I want to code the exhaust flaps to always open, but it looks like I’d need to upgrade to Pro for that.

Research how to code the tweaks you want to do rather than use the apps/credits. You don’t really know what is being changed when you use the apps.