GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Damn I can't wait to get one.

So what made you go with the top as apposed to the bottom of the vent? Or did you get a pre-installed vent?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I think they only orient one way. And no I put it together myself since the preinstalled is like 50$ more and it was cake to install. The wiring was a pain though. Make sure to use actual but connectors not the stupid ones it comes with.

Added some Detroits. Now I need to lower it.

KillboBaggins

Passed Driver's Ed
Washed the exterior; cleaned the interior. Exterior came out like shit.

Sat at the dealership for 3.5 hours and spent $250 to have them go over it. Gotta call the non VW dealer I bought it from tomorrow and yell at them.

Sold me a car with what the techs listed as "unsafe" tires, and the AC compressor is failing. It's roughly $1400 in parts alone just to correct both.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Put on the badgeskinz front side amber marker delete. Gloss black. Lot of damn air bubbles . I've been at it with a pin for hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20180904_211457.jpg
    IMG_20180904_211457.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 705

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
I retrofitted an AID to my GTE, thanks a very advanced MQB-guru and friend :)

Except the front and rear bumper, now it's almost a facelift model on the inside :-D

I'll also be doing this soon! Have the cluster on order, but it is backordered at the moment.

Any tips or tricks for the install? Also, what trim piece are you using for the new cluster? Curious to see how the new black trim will look with the GTI textured trim. Would love to see a final install pic (in daylight).

Thanks!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I'll also be doing this soon! Have the cluster on order, but it is backordered at the moment.

Any tips or tricks for the install? Also, what trim piece are you using for the new cluster? Curious to see how the new black trim will look with the GTI textured trim. Would love to see a final install pic (in daylight).

Thanks!

I will make some nice pictures soon :cool:
I'm using a satin grey trim peace, and I have the center console trim peaces that match with it, but.... they are for the 9,2" screen, so I guess I have to install that one now as well :D

Other than that... not much tips. The MOST cable can be pulled pretty easily behind the MIB2 screen, from the glovebox to the cluster area. You need only 1m of cable for that. There are a LOT of coding combinations for styling of the AID. Color, dial types, needle types, etc. I am in the process of updating the long code description in OBD11 with the latest knowledge about the AID. :)