What did you do to your mk7 today?

yakuza70

Passed Driver's Ed

Just got a two channel/camera dash cam.

frailingbanjo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6MT
Liking those wheels! Are they wrapped in Indy 500s? How are you liking the tires?

Nice! What tunes are you looking at?
Probably Cobb with a Stratified tune.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LA KINGS

Passed Driver's Ed
Before you take the plunge on quad lock, I use a proclip with a Pitaka aramid phone case and Qi magnetic wireless charging mount. The case is unbelievably thin considering it has a metal plate in it for the magnets, whereas the quad lock case is pretty bulky.

I had to hack the mount backing a bit and epoxy it to the proclip, but now it’s in it’s the best mount I’ve ever had - discrete, secure and so easy to attach your phone to.

https://www.ipitaka.com/collections/magcase-for-iphone-x

That’s for iPhone X but there are various other cases available.

Any pictures of your current set-up?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Picked up from IS38 install and APR TCU flash! Flashed wy2sl0's maestro base file in my sauna/garage :eek:

dnslater

Sparco Podio bronze 18x8

Bent one of my Austin’s by hitting a pothole right after buying new tires so had to get something that would fit the tires.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs

(Yesterday) Finally had mounted my wheels. 18x8.5 Ampliform with 245/40.

Now I want an actual camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those look great on Pure White. Getting tired of cleaning my gloss black wheels every week. But boy did they look good on day one. Either time for new wheels, or new pads. :mad:

Bronze means never having to wash your wheels again....LOL

Bronzed.jpg

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed

Bronze wheels FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thanks! I had only seen the bronze in pictures. But let me tell you that I am not upset with my decision. They look even better in person :D
Yeah. I may end up going the bronze route now myself. Thanks for posting [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
WTF is up with that?!?!
That looks like a nice garage....no HVAC in that part of the house?
Dayum!

Did you get your LCAs and mounts installed too?

LOL. It had been hitting 100+ F past couple days in the Dallas area. My garage door faces due west with nothing obstructing the afternoon sun. Get a couple hot cars in there and it is an oven well into the night. I have the garage door open and the fan going full blast. Drops it a 3-4 degrees at best, haha.

Thanks man. Most garages around these parts are finished out but no HVAC. Would be great to install one of those mini-splits ac units but they can cost as much as an aftermarket turbo! :D

I haven't installed LCAs or mounts yet. I'm hoping to fit them in the next few weeks. I'm on the mend from a strained shoulder so that's making me procrastinate a bit. How much time did it take you to install those?