GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Finally installed the oem golf r bumper I bought in January. In my opinion, SOO much better than the smiling GTI bumper. Also had my car shit on by a couple birds.

Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Went to Metric Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA to get the BFI Stage 1 Mounts and IE IC installed.

Holy vibrations and wheel spin.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TTU14

Installed my JB4 yesterday, and gave it a fresh coat of wax today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed
While waiting for parts houses to restock the black rear 'VW' emblems, and until I can confirm they'll work for the 7.5 (I've gotten conflicting information as to whether or not a mk7 emblem will work on a mk7.5), I thought I'd test the waters using Plasti Dip.

I'm on the fence.

The Stig2

Ready to race!
Finally installed the oem golf r bumper I bought in January. In my opinion, SOO much better than the smiling GTI bumper. Also had my car shit on by a couple birds.

I would love to do that mod too as I hate the GTI’s honeycomb. Is it a straightforward mod and do you lose the fog lights?

Navi

Autocross Champion
actually it's not that straight forward. There are at least 11 different pieces necessary to complete the bumper. It was a bitch putting it all together. Once the bumper is together, it's a straight forward install. The bumper itself is only 237 from vw dealers online but once you piece everything together it comes out to around 700-800. Crazy how many pieces are in the bumper. For example each vent on the lateral sides of the bumper have 3 different pieces that have to be clamped together and click into place.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Yesterday, oil change and tire rotation. Going to be sending the oil off for analysis to see how it’s holding up with ~5k miles of ~E30.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
After having used traditional sealants and waxes for so long I decided to change it up and try some Carpro Reload. All I can say is wow! This stuff really makes the surface slick and shiny but more importantly the water just beads and runs off. Pretty awesome!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

izzulap

While waiting for parts houses to restock the black rear 'VW' emblems, and until I can confirm they'll work for the 7.5 (I've gotten conflicting information as to whether or not a mk7 emblem will work on a mk7.5), I thought I'd test the waters using Plasti Dip.

I'm on the fence.

I can't find any info on weather or not the mk7 emblem fits but if you find out let me know, it seems unsearchable/untested and I am in the boat of just wanting to black out the emblem like you did with plastidip but i also want the "oem" styling of gloss. If you find out or GP a black "mk7" emblem and it works out let me know. Or if I get fed up and GP one I will make a post about it.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
I am in the boat of just wanting to black out the emblem like you did with plastidip but i also want the "oem" styling of gloss.

Plastidip does have a glossifier. Just an fyi if that ends up being your only option. Just make sure you do a really good wet coat for your last few layers of the black. That should give you a smooth texture with no orange peel.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Crackness1

Ready to race!
2 days ago, Newsouth Boost Gauge, and BFI Shift Knob.

Yesterday, visited GTIJake for some Baun Performance love.

Today, I'M DRIVING THIS BITCH UP A MOUNTAIN. :D
(Taking the scenic route up to the Tail of the Dragon).

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Plastidip does have a glossifier. Just an fyi if that ends up being your only option. Just make sure you do a really good wet coat for your last few layers of the black. That should give you a smooth texture with no orange peel.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

If you use the glossifier, be careful with any washing. If you use any touchless auto wash places, the soap they use will degrade the glossifier and turn it into a white, gummy mess. I found this out the hard way after I spent an entire weekend trying to clean it off my tail lights after they turned white after a wash one day. The black plasti-dip on my b-pillars is fine still and its been there for 2 years but the glossifier degraded after maybe a year