What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

Joverclock

Passed Driver's Ed
Swapped my bent 034 dogbone insert for a new APR steel insert. I guess I didn't realize how useless the bent 034 insert was, car feels way better now (especially downshifting). Also took off the Afe intake and went back to stock with the addition of the ECS carbon fiber dual inlet. Better intake temps and the car feels more consistent on 95* days like today.

Yes, I need to detail under the hood lol

Agree. car does feel better with the stock box. all the booooo's
congrats on the sweet front piece!!

Neilsdeal

Ready to race!
Ed's rep 7.5 dynamic tails

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
The temptation!

Yeah...totally gonna order one and give my walmart special to a family member, lol.

Haha awesome. I'll post some pics when mine comes in.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Installed a set of Corbeau RRS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
They feel incredible. I was pleasantly surprised with the plushness of the bolstering, as well as how good the lumbar support actually is. Ergonomically they don't get in the way of anything and while they don't leave you wanting for bolstering, they're not restrictively tight like some cars I've sat in.

Also they're a fair deal lower than stock seats. Really does wonders for imparting a greater sensation of speed.

cb1111

They feel incredible. I was pleasantly surprised with the plushness of the bolstering, as well as how good the lumbar support actually is. Ergonomically they don't get in the way of anything and while they don't leave you wanting for bolstering, they're not restrictively tight like some cars I've sat in.

Also they're a fair deal lower than stock seats. Really does wonders for imparting a greater sensation of speed.

Looks great. How do they deal with airbags?

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
That's the kicker at the moment. Car is throwing an airbag light so I'm looking into fabbing a set of resistors for the airbag plugs to make it go away. All told it's not that big of a deal to me though, as I'm used to having the traction control off light in the dash. At this point one more little yellow light in the dash isn't really going to bother me. A more pressing issue in my mind is the passenger airbags, which I'm hoping to code to be always primed when the car starts.

I have tomorrow off and that's basically all I'll be doing that day. I'll be certain to chime back in when all is said and done.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Installed a set of Corbeau RRS.

Those look super nice. Are they installed on the oem rails?