GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
I'm sorry Smokey but you were over the line and that's a foul.

I'm a chronic violator then, because I am on the #nodingsquad.

Left [early] too:D
clocked out.jpg

View attachment 22144

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Had the IE intercooler installed yesterday by a local tech. Went in seamlessly without any fitment issues.

Wasn't expecting to notice a difference in performance (as I decided to install the IC in anticipation of APR stage 2 +DP sometime next year), but was pleasantly surprised on my drive home. Seemed like more top end power and more audible intake/turbo spool. Am I imagining this or have others had a similar experience at stage 1 +intake?

I've only driven ~15 miles with the new setup (in misting rain) so haven't had a chance to really open it up, but already very happy/surprised with the results.

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there a big difference between catted and non catted Dp? Other than price?

Not sure what tune to pick!

Not sure as to what company to pick for the tune or stage?

Companies there are quite a few so its just a matter of preference and with who eventually you are comfortable giving your money away too :)

Stage will depends on what your end goals are and how much you eventually want to spend... (never stops lol)

Your current setup by what I read is pretty much stock so a Stage 1 tune would be the way to go, it’ll give you a nice initial bump in whp/torque.

For turbo noise you could probably get a turbo muffler delete...

Google and Youtube will be your best friends [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
Had the IE intercooler installed yesterday by a local tech. Went in seamlessly without any fitment issues.

Wasn't expecting to notice a difference in performance (as I decided to install the IC in anticipation of APR stage 2 +DP sometime next year), but was pleasantly surprised on my drive home. Seemed like more top end power and more audible intake/turbo spool. Am I imagining this or have others had a similar experience at stage 1 +intake?

I've only driven ~15 miles with the new setup (in misting rain) so haven't had a chance to really open it up, but already very happy/surprised with the results.

Did you get the boost pipes and all the others done? If not might want to look at doing all that in anticipation of the DP and STG2 Tune :) and yes, although I did my IC after the DP and was already STG2, the change was immediately audible :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nype

Drag Racing Champion