GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

racerxxx

Ready to race!
Racked it up. Had the bars and feet from our Routan that we didn't use so I scored the fit kit since Thule is having a sale and I keep losing out on eBay on other fit kits. Now to test fit all our accessories.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Last edited:

baymax7

Passed Driver's Ed
Gave my car nearly a full detailing treatment. I did make the mistake of drying off the car after washing it, only to apply iron x afterwards and had to rinse and dry the car anyways. Nearly seven hours well spent.

Last edited:

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^^ Sucks about the deer, hopefully the hood was the only major damage.

Kept busy this weekend: I opened a couple extra holes on the air inlet with the dremel, laid down vibration damper in the trunk & spare wheel well, added a layer of MLV under the trunk carpet, and did the kensha VCDS mod.

Did a test drive and did not feel a lot from the butt dyno (didn't really expect anything) but he bass from the trunk is way more clear. Had to ease back on the the sub gain a little. Overall pretty happy with the mods.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I know this is the wrong thread, but.... I got some goodies in the mail today

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lokerola

Ready to race!

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Raised idle by 50rpm with VCDS. You can switch it back and forth and definitely tell a difference if you have an aftermarket dogbone.

Note: Coolant temp needs to be over 180F or thereabouts. It wouldn't take until the engine had idled for a few minutes off a cold start.

What are the steps? I was trying to do this but I don’t think it’s possible with the MK7.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slow12s

Ready to race!
Raised idle by 50rpm with VCDS. You can switch it back and forth and definitely tell a difference if you have an aftermarket dogbone.

Note: Coolant temp needs to be over 180F or thereabouts. It wouldn't take until the engine had idled for a few minutes off a cold start.

curious as well, how is this done? will be installing my dogbone in the next couple weeks whenever I get this service issue fixed and put my jb4 back on

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
What's the point/benefit of raising the idle by 50rpm?

Makes idle vibrations less when at stoplights. if you are on stock mounts/dogbone you probably wouldn't notice as they eliminate them much better than if you were to jam a piece of metal in there (dogbone insert) or switch from soft rubber to hard poly (Powerflex hybrid dogbone insert as I did). Shit starts vibrating. My rearview mirror vibrates at idle.