GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

AWDWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally found out how to turn the orange sidemarkers off on my 7.5. Big thanks to the guys in the GOLF R section that figured it out [emoji481]

That info is on the wagon section too, one of the first thing I did to the wagon:

HERE

Disable Orange LED in Front Headlight
Module 09 - Central Electrics
16-Security code 31347
10-Adaptations
Leuchte26NSL LA72 - Lichtfunktion A 26 - change from “Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)” to “nicht aktiv”

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
That info is on the wagon section too, one of the first thing I did to the wagon:

HERE

Disable Orange LED in Front Headlight
Module 09 - Central Electrics
16-Security code 31347
10-Adaptations
Leuchte26NSL LA72 - Lichtfunktion A 26 - change from “Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)” to “nicht aktiv”
Does this work for halogen housing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AWDWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed

nype

Drag Racing Champion
For 2015 - 2017, disabling the orange front side marker LEDs also disables the little white “dot” LEDs, that are in the center of the inner DRLs.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Can you ping me when you install the kit? I tried the USP kit and it did not work out on our MK7.5 so would like to try the ECS kit after some feedback.

What didn’t work? Helpful detail to add...

focker

Passed Driver's Ed
What didn’t work? Helpful detail to add...

I had a thread on it, the entire hatch had a gap when closed like it was still open a quarter to half inch along with a large gap on the right side of the hatch.

I installed them twice and switched the lifts on the second install to see if just one was binding.

I called ECS to see if they have installed their version on any 7.5 yet including their build car they are doing and they said no. It was odd to me they haven't put them on their build car considering that thing even has a padded bra on it :|

My thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41998

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I’m surprised to hear that. I can’t imagine that any hatch hardware was changed between 7 and 7.5. Perhaps there was?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Just dropped my GTI off at HPA to get the first of their is38 hybrids installed on the GTI platform. Going to be developing their GTI tune using my car :)

Cannot wait to get the numbers back!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you ping me when you install the kit? I tried the USP kit and it did not work out on our MK7.5 so would like to try the ECS kit after some feedback.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I called ECS to see if they have installed their version on any 7.5 yet including their build car they are doing and they said no. It was odd to me they haven't put them on their build car considering that thing even has a padded bra on it :|

The vehicle fit web tool said it worked with the 7.5, so we will see.

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed

I came across this video, granted it's a MK7-R and not 7.5 GTI, but if the fit works well, I may decide to go with the hybrid option of a single ECS strut assembly combined with a single OEM VW strut assembly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF6l2xgufrg

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
What did I do today? I just paid the car loan off for my '16 MK7! :)