GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I’ve been running deauto plate lights too. I got the brighter ones. But it is super bright. Embarrassingly bright. Had to tone it down to 20 using OBD11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid my ebay ones will be too bright as well but I totally forgot we can adjust brightness in OBD11. Thanks for the reminder. Makes me feel better.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah when I first put them on, my wife was wondering if I installed glow lighting underneath the rear of the car.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Haha that’s why I went with the less bright version. It’s still a little brighter than I would have liked, but it’s not bad. I ordered a license plate frame from Amazon, but apparently the drill holes are too high up so it won’t fit.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Had my rear window replaced. Comes with the territory when living in Oakland.

I live over the bridge in Alameda and we've had a few car windows smashed like that. Sometimes for no apparent reason.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I'm afraid my ebay ones will be too bright as well but I totally forgot we can adjust brightness in OBD11. Thanks for the reminder. Makes me feel better.

They should be fine. They’re not nearly as bright as the Deautokey “full bright” plate lights.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced battery per Golfdave's outstanding article on using increased battery size.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7926

Battery was still fine after 3 years and a few months, but I got tired of having to throw a charger on it now and again, and aware of VW using an undersized capacity it has for its work load.

For US, I used a size 48 or H6. Costco carries in Interstate in group size 29. Purchased proper size battery blanket and replaced.
Adaptations changed in Can Gateway module 19 to let brains of car know I changed car battery (adapt new battery charging profile) was update serial number (used date), wet vice Fleece (it’s a Varta thing), and capacity to 70Ah.

That’s not a battery, this is a battery!

Attachments

• battery size.JPG
    battery size.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 976
  • battery replaced.JPG
    battery replaced.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 974
Last edited:

darkmag1k

daddy got new shoes! last 2 OZ Lounge 10 s from tire&track ...

https://imgur.com/a/egJa9

& ... i did something crazy, kept the stock austins on the other side.
even though there's 10mm spacing difference and OZs are lighter ... no different feel when driving!
I'm looking for another deal (got those for $65 each!) on more matched spacing / weight,
but ... i feel like a teenager to have different set of wheels on each side of the car :)
... (sorry for the dirty car pic ... need to wash her next)

Last edited:

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
^I wouldn't do the different wheel thing. They will be different weights and could mess with the suspension or maybe even the diff in the long run. Especially if your tires are different on either side too.

Only way this could potentially work is if you got the same rims but in two different colours and the difference in weight (paint) was negligible.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just bought some $13 ones off ebay. If they last more than a week I'll be happy.
If it's any consolation my cheapo ones ran for about a year before kicking the bucket.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

darkmag1k

^I wouldn't do the different wheel thing. They will be different weights and could mess with the suspension or maybe even the diff in the long run. Especially if your tires are different on either side too.

Only way this could potentially work is if you got the same rims but in two different colours and the difference in weight (paint) was negligible.

same tires, but yes the long term plan is to get matching wheel on the other side (at least weight / spacing).

ps: 5k miles austins anyone? :)

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Installed my Integrated Engineering CAI last night. Love how the car sounds now with this and the Clubsport S exhaust.

njavier03

Ready to race!
[emoji1417] I’ve heard good things about the IE intake, but why is your flex pipe bunched like that?

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
[emoji1417] I’ve heard good things about the IE intake, but why is your flex pipe bunched like that?

This is the newest revision of the intake I believe, it has ridges which allow for flexibility. The instructions on their website show the older smooth hose.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Those ridges will create air flow turbulence. Not very bright of IE.