GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Get used to em, I have about a million. And that's even with leaving at least 8 car lengths between my car and then next everywhere I drive

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep sadly this is true. Being lowered makes it even worse [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New kicks

Looks great! Now I am feeling the urge again to get some wider Neuspeed wheels.. I'm still running the heavy, narrow stockers, although it feels great with the tires. I'm sure some extra width will help with Stage 2 traction.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
First DIY oil change and I have to say, it was for some reason really nerve wracking coming from a Camry with the easiest oil change possible. I'll be buying an oil extractor for the next one, it would make my life so much easier. I tried using some heavy machine vibration isolating floor pads to protect my pinch welds but it actually had the reverse effect. The pads squished a lot and pulled the rubber coating off the pinch weld. I'll have to strip part of it off and recoat it with rhino liner or something similar to keep it from rusting...

In other news, got in my polish and sealer in prep for a paint correction. Hopefully will be doing that this weekend

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
First DIY oil change and I have to say, it was for some reason really nerve wracking coming from a Camry with the easiest oil change possible. I'll be buying an oil extractor for the next one, it would make my life so much easier. I tried using some heavy machine vibration isolating floor pads to protect my pinch welds but it actually had the reverse effect. The pads squished a lot and pulled the rubber coating off the pinch weld. I'll have to strip part of it off and recoat it with rhino liner or something similar to keep it from rusting...

In other news, got in my polish and sealer in prep for a paint correction. Hopefully will be doing that this weekend

Interesting .... this is one of the easier oil jobs to do. You Barely even need to jack the car up.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Interesting .... this is one of the easier oil jobs to do. You Barely even need to jack the car up.

The Camry felt like it was on a lift kit compared to this car. Take the bolt out, filter off, bolt back in, filter in, add oil, done. This one has many more parts involved lol

Tronix13

Ready to race!
Got depressed, having a bad month, first caliper seizing so had to get it replaced along with rear brake pads, then I noticed an LED isn't working in 1 of my inner tailights, which I've since found out is not due to coding so is faulty, and to top it off I got hit by a stone on the driver side door last night which left a nice little dent, it was dark and it hit really loud going at about 25mph, no other car driving by and it felt too hard to me to be a flick up, I'm pretty sure it was thrown, but i didn't see anyone, unfortunately that kind of thing can happen here with bored kids.... so....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I kinda feel your pain. Just woke up this morning to this beauty mark on my passenger front door. I guess someone decided it was necessary to Chuck Norris kick their car door open into my car [emoji35][emoji35]

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
I kinda feel your pain. Just woke up this morning to this beauty mark on my passenger front door. I guess someone decided it was necessary to Chuck Norris kick their car door open into my car [emoji35][emoji35]

Absolute Cock End!!!
Find them and eradicate them.

Why do people have such disrespect for others property. As adults we pay for our car to share space on the road to enjoy, commute and park up with the greatest intentions of respecting other road users. Then you have other tossers that go and do this.
Rant over and I hope you get it sorted ??

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Absolute Cock End!!!

Why do people have such disrespect for others property. As adults we pay for our car to share space on the road to enjoy, commute and park up with the greatest intentions of respecting other road users. Then you have other tossers that go and do this.

The trick is to park next to other rly nice cars. Also, stay away from beater cars and minivans. Stereotyping when it comes to parking is super useful :)

njavier03

Ready to race!
Very nice! I really like the gunmetal on white combo

Tronix13

Ready to race!
Absolute Cock End!!!

I have a very good idea as to who did it since the car was parked next to mine with some fresh paint nicks on the edge of their door, but there wasn't enough proof for the police to do anything. No cameras on the property, no assigned parking spots, no witnesses. So basically the officer told me that he's treating it as a hit and run since anyone could have come and gone and hit my car during the night. In the end, I'm the one that has to dish out the money from my own pocket.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
It does make it easier and then some, I use a Sealey extractor, you eill wonder why you didn't get one earlier.

Do you stick it down the dip stick tube? Past cars I've had, you could never get the little hose down far enough into the oil pan to properly get all of the oil out of the car.

Is this engine different? Have you tried to open the drain plug after using the extractor to see how much more comes out?

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a very good idea as to who did it since the car was parked next to mine with some fresh paint nicks on the edge of their door, but there wasn't enough proof for the police to do anything. No cameras on the property, no assigned parking spots, no witnesses. So basically the officer told me that he's treating it as a hit and run since anyone could have come and gone and hit my car during the night. In the end, I'm the one that has to dish out the money from my own pocket.

Wow, that sucks. I'm very conscious of where I park and what I park next to. I try to avoid this as much as possible.