GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Taking it back to the body shop to fix the fitment issues of the front bumper cover that was replaced due to hitting a raccoon a couple months ago.

I'm going to miss driving the mk7 gti :(

TonWah

Ready to race!
Gave her a wash and got my new OEM base rack installed. Technically over the weekend but couldn't find this thread till it popped up on my feed.

phope1

Ready to race!
Nice surprise from the fleet management company - all 4 Continental tyres were needing replaced, and half expected them to go for a budget brand

4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 fitted to the summer wheels :)

TonWah

Ready to race!
Re-tipped the stock exhaust since I'm not doing anything exhaust wise any time soon.

Tip looks better. I like it.

Potential noob question. Any change to the exhaust note? I know it won't be as much as a full exhaust change but just curious if there was even any change at all.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
ReadTheBook, were the tips welded on or affixed in another fashion? They look great!

I wonder if there are chrome versions of those tips, since I am not sure how that stainless steel may last in upstate NY salty winters.

triharderken

Ready to race!
ReadTheBook, were the tips welded on or affixed in another fashion? They look great!

I wonder if there are chrome versions of those tips, since I am not sure how that stainless steel may last in upstate NY salty winters.

I started looking at gloss or matte black in the same design. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

They were welded, per the gentleman in the second photo. He sawzall'd off the old tips, welded on the new tips. The left pipe from the muffler was installed at a different angle from the right. The right stock pipe was perfectly centered, the left one was not, though you couldn't tell from how the stock tip was sitting. He had to cut the pipe most of the way through close to the muffler, bend it down and away from the muffler, and re-weld that area to straighten and align the pipe. Then, since he had to push the pipe back/away a bit he had to tack on a small 1" ring of exhaust pipe to make the tips stick out exactly the same amount.

Whole job took 25 mins at most. Dude was a serious pro.