GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

James75

Go Kart Champion
Found some nice back roads on the way home - selected sport mode - and had fun, not fast, not reckless, just kept to speeds which meant i could stop (these are narrow country roads).

And I had a lot of fun - sport mode really changes the GTD, it feels a lot more alive. Granted some of that is probably my imagination but there is a definite change.

Had lots of fun swopping from 4th to 3rd, using the revs, car is immense fun even at 30/40 mph.

James

corfyboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Found some nice back roads on the way home - selected sport mode - and had fun, not fast, not reckless, just kept to speeds which meant i could stop (these are narrow country roads).

And I had a lot of fun - sport mode really changes the GTD, it feels a lot more alive. Granted some of that is probably my imagination but there is a definite change.

Had lots of fun swopping from 4th to 3rd, using the revs, car is immense fun even at 30/40 mph.

James
Mines only come out of sports mode once [emoji14]

James75

Go Kart Champion
I don't blame - i am not that convinced it makes much difference to MPG - i normally have it on normal with a sport steering setting.

Full sport mode seems to loosen the car up and the throttle is certainly different. Sad as I am, I try to reserve 'sport mode' as my after work treat, if it has been a stressful day lol.

I even quite like the sound the car makes in sport mode.

James

testcard

Ready to race!

James
You've convinced me. I need to spend more time in Sport on my country roads on the way to and from work.

James75

Go Kart Champion
You've convinced me. I need to spend more time in Sport on my country roads on the way to and from work.

Fortunate here in Devon we have lots of them and i am of the opinion it's not about driving fast, I had lots of fun today doing no more than 40, it's the twisty bits, the car feels very agile. The steering may not provide the most feel but the quick rack give some entertaining corners.

Sport mode also seems to make the car more happy to rev as well.

But yes, you do, country roads and sport mode - lots of fun :)

I can't claim to have had a vast range of fast cars or exotica so perhaps i am just easily pleased :)

James

corfyboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Fortunate here in Devon we have lots of them and i am of the opinion it's not about driving fast, I had lots of fun today doing no more than 40, it's the twisty bits, the car feels very agile. The steering may not provide the most feel but the quick rack give some entertaining corners.

Sport mode also seems to make the car more happy to rev as well.

But yes you do, country roads and sport mode - lots of fun :)

James
Over all the car just feels better in sport, more so on the back roads

Rick914

how many miles on it? it'll break in about 300-500 miles, but something tells me that its only useful for manual in my opinion

Not many less than 100miles but I know there's no way I'm going to like it. It feels like my MK4 with a solid Dogbone, which is fine in a race car I rarely drive. I'm trying to keep the MK7 fast but keep the refined feel.
I agree with you on the manual. I felt/saw no difference in launch with it either. I know my MK4 had loads of wheel-hop before the solid dogbone, the MK7 doesn't seem to have that issue with this DSG.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Not many less than 100miles but I know there's no way I'm going to like it. It feels like my MK4 with a solid Dogbone, which is fine in a race car I rarely drive. I'm trying to keep the MK7 fast but keep the refined feel.
I agree with you on the manual. I felt/saw no difference in launch with it either. I know my MK4 had loads of wheel-hop before the solid dogbone, the MK7 doesn't seem to have that issue with this DSG.

i feel like upgraded dogbone insert is unnecessary for this car unless tuned, my mk6 gti needed an upgraded one, wheel hops crazy even w/ stock tune, not so much on mk7.