GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

James75

Go Kart Champion
(Yesterday) I met up with another forum member who it turns out lives five minutes away and we swopped cars. He drove my GTD and I had quick drive of his GTI - fascinating and enormous fun

James

jolebole

Ready to race!
(Yesterday) I met up with another forum member who it turns out lives five minutes away and we swopped cars. He drove my GTD and I had quick drive of his GTI - fascinating and enormous fun

James
So, are you gonna trade in your TDI for a GTI now? [emoji6]

James75

Go Kart Champion
No lol

Completely different driving experiences both with pluses. It was only quick drives.

GTD stood out as a very different type of 'fast' a car with its own unique characteristics as opposed to being a slightly slower GTI.

James

tonygtd

Stone chips!!

Spent today getting quotes for having a stone chip removed!! Albeit not a huge one but I know it's there. Prices are mental, they range from £80 for a chip remover to £450 for full bumper respray!!

Not too happy :mad:

Stueck9356

Ready to race!
I was stretching it's legs.. Is the Rev limiter dynamic? I swear I went to 7100+ in 2nd and it didn't cut the fuel.

dayyaan99

Passed Driver's Ed
Got me some adv5 mv2 rims however I replaced the centre caps with vossen caps to match my windscreen sticker ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415048069.709815.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415048099.959279.jpg

James75

Go Kart Champion
[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

The GTD has a punch but from a limited drive - the GTI is more eager - that's a different experience in itself.

That's the point - it's not so much about faster or even the torque it is just about the different experience.

James

jolebole

Ready to race!
I haven't entered a corner fast enough to notice the difference in handing. I feel its more quieter and more comfy ride overall.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I haven't entered a corner fast enough to notice the difference in handing. I feel its more quieter and more comfy ride overall.

Salesman actually suggested me to take a corner at 45 on interstate ramp during the test drive actually haha, straight away i felt the difference vs stock mk6s handling, handles better than my mk6 with driver gear springs.