GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

njavier03

Ready to race!
Ed springs and love them. Rides like stock just a bit stiffer. Turns feel cleaner and the inch all around is very noticeable and i love it.

Gonna see if I grab some spacers now, saw someone selling the Spulen Super flush kit (15+20mm). Any one know if theres a difference between those and ECS's flush kit?

I know spulen someitmes has some bad parts but for the price I think i'll go with them and also its just spacers, not sure how someone can make bad spacers lol

It's more about quality control when it comes to spacers. Any imperfections, bends, etc. can cause vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I've read that a member (likely more than 1) had problems with ECS 8mm and smaller. If I recall correctly, that member had success with 42 Draft Designs spacers.

I've had no issues with ECS 10/15/20mm spacers.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
No issues with my ecs spacers , 5 in front and 8 out back[emoji41]

Sent via Pide Piper compression app

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
I've had no vibration issues with ECS spacers so far.
Have used 3mm, 5mm, 7mm, 10mm, 12.5mm, 15mm, and 20mm (from a variety of wheel/tire combos).

Before I use them, I soak them in soapy water for hours, and then work to completely strip off the annoying yellow and white stickers they affix to the spacers. Really annoying. But if I don't remove them completely, I'm risking a vibration cause.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Today, finally installed my used koni shocks that I bought from jmason.

first go-round is set at 1/2 turn from full soft. Firmer than stock, car does big bumps at speed gracefully. Previously I could grab the roof rails and rock the car a bit. Still can, but not nearly as much.

Car definitely does less squat and lift up front. Feels more neutral and I can hear those rear tires on the street with esc off.

I cut the bump stops in two and reinstalled both parts, idea is to experiment with packing them. The GSW has lots of extra shock travel out back. The painters tape is holding the dust boot together for now.

I was also considering a thicker rear sway (have the 21.7mm now) but may hold off until bump stop / shock settings experiments conclude.

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated.

Any downside to making this change?

I enjoy understanding how these things work. But I won't likely apply this change to my car as I don't track/auto-x.

I have the front diff set to Sport all the time anyway. Not sure I'd notice a difference if it were set to Normal, unless I was really pushing the car.

I should probably take her on a proper drive more often than I do. Lol

Cheers!

No downside that I'm aware of.
Normal mode is still pretty "meh". Sport is a while new animal. Trying to apply throttle at corner exit, you can definitely feel the diff pumps activate sooner and harder.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Its dark, but I had these put on yesterday. I'll post a better pic after a wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTBlacksunshine

Bought one after I narrowed it down between an ST or a GTI. I think I made the right choice.

Keefe

Passed Driver's Ed
Today I installed some LED interior lights in my car, they look really good at night and you can adjust the brightness if you find them distracting. The remote allows you to pick from many colours as well as strobe, fade, and music dance effects. Didn't take long to install and the kit can be connected either via the 12v plug in or into the fuse box. Here is some pics, I installed 2 light bars under the dash and 2 under the front seats. :)

Let me know what you think!