GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I think 235s are ideal from a handling perspective for a 9" rim

View attachment 305423
Handling wise, I totally agree. Looks wise, I kind of wish I would have gone 245/40.

IMG_20230902_172643732_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230812_130836083_HDR.jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I bought four new MPS4's and I'm jumping on the two sets of wheels summer/ all-season tire train. For a short period of time, we see temps in the teen's so I'll use the MPSAS4's that I have that are about half worn for Dec-February/March.

I'm putting the PS4's on the RSE10's that I currently have and I need a new set of wheels for the all seasons. Of course, I don't need to buy them now, but there are sales out there so I'll save a buck if I can figure out what I want.

I've narrowed it down to:
  • Hyper Silver APR A01- $253
  • Bronze Neuspeed RSE 11R- $303
  • Bronze Apex SM-10- $311
  • Bronze Superspeed RF05RR- $319
  • What else should I consider?
Help...I'm terrible at deciding on wheels.. I've used the same RSE 10's since 2018.

View attachment 305402
I have a type and I'm cool with it.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 12.14.59 PM copy.jpg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
True but I think lighter wheels look better on white cars, now that I have the GFG, might look into powder coating my LAS-Rs bronze, although I think they silver will look really nice on it.
GFG is so gorgeous you could put a graphic of Steve Erkel's bacon ring on a set of wheels and it'd still work

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
Rear brakes today at about 45k, pads down to metal and straight up grinding. Did the fronts at 40k. But the last 5k miles have not been like the first 40, lol.

IMG_6398.png

IMG_6402.png

Since I last posted, the car has undergone a whole front-end rebuild. It needed a new clutch to handle XL E85 power, then snowballed into a "while you're in there" thing, chasing the car's ultimate brief which is to be a more capable companion to the 718 GTS. So now it has a Wavetrac and CSS knuckles and a bunch of other cool shit. It drives incredible, I love it more than ever, and I really need to do a build thread.

IMG_5658.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Where'd you get yours from? Wanna get that or the metal one from ECS
pick it up from fcpeuro.....big difference between those two though......the alltrack actually connects to the subframe up front......ecs only clips on the front plastic bumper and secures in the rear to the frame.