GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
It's not too low?
Like the ride height? No, only ever scrapes on big bumps with my track wheel setup. New track setup has less offset and shouldn’t rub ever. But it’s on a razor’s edge for sure.

How you like the Vad Pro?
It’s been really insightful and useful on track and daily driving. I caught an early failure of my waterpump and thermostat with it too. I know it’s expensive but being fully customizable and has logging is totally worth it imo.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Like the ride height? No, only ever scrapes on big bumps with my track wheel setup. New track setup has less offset and shouldn’t rub ever. But it’s on a razor’s edge for sure.

It’s been really insightful and useful on track and daily driving. I caught an early failure of my waterpump and thermostat with it too. I know it’s expensive but being fully customizable and has logging is totally worth it imo.
What did the failing pump look like log wise?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
What did the failing pump look like log wise?
Was able to watch coolant temps in realtime. With 0 throttle cruising at highway speeds on a 5*C day the coolant was almost boiling. As soon as I gave it any throttle input the coolant would shoot down to below 80*C. Back to low throttle cruisng and it would spike to near boiling again.

There was no external indication like leaks or anything.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Just got new tires and brake pads and going to knock out all maintenance but does anyone have good tips before WITW?
Make sure you have the VW triple square sockets and the VW brake caliper tool when doing brakes

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Installed rennline exactfit magnetic phone mount

Attachments

• 01769CF1-7B1C-43B4-BEFB-443B69A4B2DB.jpeg
    01769CF1-7B1C-43B4-BEFB-443B69A4B2DB.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 45

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Any tips for this. I got the snap on tool and cannot for the life of me get the old handle off. Also saw tips to fix it with using a nail and cutting the end off to fix the issue which is because the dowel is too short

Used a pick to open the lock covers to the first peg. Then use the pick to unlock the cover completely and remove. Using the vw tool put it in and try to keep the points vertical. I had to press really hard, like plastic and metal grinding hard. While pressing with the tool, pull down on the handle gently and that side should pop free. Repeat on the other side.

When reinstalling, make sure the lock covers are open to the first peg. Insert the spacers and press. The handle should snap in and close the lock covers.

I'll post up the erwin steps in a bit.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Used a pick to open the lock covers to the first peg. Then use the pick to unlock the cover completely and remove. Using the vw tool put it in and try to keep the points vertical. I had to press really hard, like plastic and metal grinding hard. While pressing with the tool, pull down on the handle gently and that side should pop free. Repeat on the other side.

When reinstalling, make sure the lock covers are open to the first peg. Insert the spacers and press. The handle should snap in and close the lock covers.

I'll post up the erwin steps in a bit.
Thanks. I’ll take a look on Erwin. I have the guide and didn’t even think to look at it for this.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Spring cleaning today. Found a little rock chip on the rocker panel that had some surface rust. Cleaned it out with a 400 grit sanding stick with the intent of dabbing on a few thin layers of touchup.

That said, should I be putting primer in this little crater first or will touchup protect this shit?

PXL_20230318_190804210.jpg

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Makes sense. It probably won't come out as 'pretty' compared to if I'd just filled it in with paint alone. The more work a painting operation requires of me, the more things can and will go wrong lol. In this case I care more about the protection.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just got new tires and brake pads and going to knock out all maintenance but does anyone have good tips before WITW?
Get there with a full tank of gas. The nearest gas station is a bit of a ways away and one year they ran out of 93.