Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Nice.
BF48F782-4D82-45D8-9B71-CB4751606816.jpeg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I would've gone straight gooooooold, but that's because I'm trashy.
Looks good.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
They would look better darker. Maybe a thin coat of translucent black over top?

Confirmed with some photoshop… darker on the center caps is better.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Mines down for the count.

8C7FCF09-6E61-4E14-997C-A0E35CF2C482.jpeg
D962D553-1DD3-4515-93BB-2680902EF47A.jpeg

CA5DA105-0A15-4461-8801-A70496111D12.jpeg

Good news:

-made it home, and back to the shop under its own power

-I cooked some steaks & sprouts on the smoker, & it was delicious

Bad news:

-I’m pulling the transmission this week to see what sounds absolutely horrible (clutch related)

Wife’s pissed news:

-this also means I’m rebuilding the transmission, having the cases powder coated, & installing my WaveTrac I bought last summer.

-She says it “hasn’t been that long since I bought this clutch, & must’ve been trying to race someone when it broke”.

-also claims I broke it on purpose to build the transmission

-I offered to part the car out & buy a RS3 or ZL1 1LE (she declined)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Mines down for the count.

Bad news:

-I’m pulling the transmission this week to see what sounds absolutely horrible (clutch related)

Wife’s pissed news:

-this also means I’m rebuilding the transmission, having the cases powder coated, & installing my WaveTrac I bought last summer.

-She says it “hasn’t been that long since I bought this clutch, & must’ve been trying to race someone when it broke”.

-also claims I broke it on purpose to build the transmission

-I offered to part the car out & buy a RS3 or ZL1 1LE (she declined)
Wow real crazy sound too. You know my dkm twin experience wasn’t great at all, but regardless 80k even highway is still lots of use for an aftermarket performance oriented clutch, and 130k tob is lots of use too in this case. But like you said perfect time for the wavetrac install, I’ve still got that spare 02Q I picked up just taking space waiting for me to go down that road 😂

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Wow real crazy sound too. You know my dkm twin experience wasn’t great at all, but regardless 80k even highway is still lots of use for an aftermarket performance oriented clutch, and 130k tob is lots of use too in this case. But like you said perfect time for the wavetrac install, I’ve still got that spare 02Q I picked up just taking space waiting for me to go down that road 😂

I wish I had a spare so I was ready to just swap it out!

I’ve been kicking around swapping to a Mk6 02M for shorter gear ratios, but it’s a hard call since 3rd & 4th gear in the 02Q work so well for embarrassing muscle cars.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Got home off night shift today, installed some led plate lights since one of the OEM ones had a broken tab and wouldn’t stay in place. Drove her to Cookout to get a shake and here I am.

I leave this coming Monday for Ohio for work. I’ll be in Mentor working at Perry Nuclear. Who’s from around those parts?

Kdubya

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I wish I had a spare so I was ready to just swap it out!

I’ve been kicking around swapping to a Mk6 02M for shorter gear ratios, but it’s a hard call since 3rd & 4th gear in the 02Q work so well for embarrassing muscle cars.

Damn dude sorry to hear 😞