GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Interesting. I would expect xmas trees to be battery related.

Normally but it did have the code for the speed sensor after scanning and the airbag light coming up a few times the days before is usually how it happens Also I am in Miami and its like 80 degrees, the battery isn't working any harder, if anything better than 100 degrees lol

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I drove an MK6 with 17's. Felt too "floaty", switching to 245/40/18 MPS4S on a 8 1/2" wheel feels way better than the 225/40/18 Pirelli P7. Could be the 1/2" taller tire or the extra width, but the ride is more compliant. I had Yoko V601, and while a slightly softer tire (280 vs 300), the ride was harsh and slippery compared to the PS4S.

I'm debating between the IS38+ and the Vortex standard... for the price of the standard with tuning I could add HPFP, or with a little more add MPI + LPFP to the IS38... but I think I may just go with the IS38+ can't go wrong with turbo and tune for around $1k.
I’m really enjoying the EQT is38+ with their OTS 93 tune. She pulls hard compared to when I was EQT stage 1 93. Looking forward to a dyno run.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Are people Scared to Race?

Storytime:
Driving home from Dataloging, I reached a red light with another GTI, the dude starts inching so far forward his rear wheel inline with my front. I figured he wants to race. As the light turned green I hit the gas and past him, by the looks of it he wasn't racing so I let off and hit the brakes. Then he comes flying past me gets in front and keeps going never slowing down. Funny enough, I ended up behind him the following light. As it turned green I went to pull next to him and see if he wants to line up. As soon as he saw me he just booked it, I flash my lights hopefully he would break so we can do a proper run, but dude started running in and out of traffic, like he running from the Cops. Did I scare this kid by to looking through his Dark tints while I'm staring across through my clear tints. No need to be scared everyone tells me I look like that famous dude that used to do the Geico Commercials.
24773_102_1160_NDQzMzY4ODE4MTU2NzYyMjc4NQ.jpg

🤔

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Storytime:
Driving home from Dataloging, I reached a red light with another GTI, the dude starts inching so far forward his rear wheel inline with my front. I figured he wants to race. As the light turned green I hit the gas and past him, by the looks of it he wasn't racing so I let off and hit the brakes. Then he comes flying past me gets in front and keeps going never slowing down. Funny enough, I ended up behind him the following light. As it turned green I went to pull next to him and see if he wants to line up. As soon as he saw me he just booked it, I flash my lights hopefully he would break so we can do a proper run, but dude started running in and out of traffic, like he running from the Cops. Did I scare this kid by to looking through his Dark tints while I'm staring across through my clear tints. No need to be scared everyone tells me I look like that famous dude that used to do the Geico Commercials.
View attachment 267673
🤔
That dude was racing you.

In his world, you lost by not chasing.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Storytime:
View attachment 267673
🤔
You're kind of hot.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
On a side note, I hate creepers (what I call them anyway).

They stop at a light 2 bus lengths behind the car in front & slowly creep forward & stop, creep forward & stop etc.. Just drive up, Park to where you can still see the bottom of the tires of the car in front & stop.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

They stop at a light 2 bus lengths behind the car in front & slowly creep forward & stop, creep forward & stop etc.. Just drive up, Park to where you can still see the bottom of the tires of the car in front & stop.
You just described a typical californian. They also love to leave two school bus lengths between themselves and the cars in front.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Had a Crosstrek owner dead set on being embarrassed by the stock looking wagon do the same yesterday.

He ran away in a similar fashion after he finally caught up.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT

Absolute nightmare if you are in bumper to bumper traffic and driving a manual car.... the reason they do it is bc they are reading a text/etc as they are slowing to a stop and the creeping they are doing it as they scroll through their phone not really realizing what they are doing.... the very worse ones do it without phones though.

I refuse to burn my clutch for them, where I stop, I stop. If the distance becomes too great, I may be forced to creep, but it sucks, they are idiots.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Got some Michelin PSAS4 tires installed in the stock size yesterday. Really impressed with the traction in the cold and wet weather we have this time of year.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Managed to get the new fat fitment front and rears (265-10.5” et30, 235-9.5” et22) to fit without rubbing at ride height and air out without too much drama, now just to wash the car 😅

Full airout.
91958E41-91D8-46BE-8256-C862860308FD.jpeg

ride height
BBAD08E1-FAE8-4BAA-BD14-FADC434D7545.jpeg

D3540209-63EC-46B2-A0AA-98F932024A6B.jpeg
141F5BEC-E48F-4BE1-A96D-F5278033B0D7.jpeg

And I’m surprisingly satisfied with the way the blue against the gray with red looks. (Going to go black on those rear calipers to match the fronts I think though)
C9C79ED6-9C31-43CC-90DA-13EAFAF0950B.jpeg

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Managed to get the new fat fitment front and rears (265-10.5” et30, 235-9.5” et22) to fit without rubbing at ride height and air out without too much drama, now just to wash the car 😅

Full airout.
View attachment 267728
ride height
View attachment 267729
View attachment 267730View attachment 267731

And I’m surprisingly satisfied with the way the blue against the gray with red looks. (Going to go black on those rear calipers to match the fronts I think though)
View attachment 267732
So if a certain someone was wanting to shoehorn Your front size on all 4 corners, how major of a surgery would have to happen to fit on the rears on stock ride height? Asking for a friend.

I lied, it's me, I'm the friend.