GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

barisk

Ready to race!

1.6tdi 105bhp =>155bhp 320nm

good, good. :p

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I've been driving around completely stock for the last few days, and I have to say the car is much smoother than it was tuned. Stage 1 is definitely peaky, and you can really feel that extra strain/power when accelerating normally. The transmission shifts much smoother now and it's kind of fun being able to rev the engine all the way up to redline taking advantage of the full rev range, whereas with stage 1, it was rare that I could give it full throttle without going felonious speeds unless I was merging onto a freeway, and even then, flooring it takes you well over 100 mph quickly. I guess it's true what they say about how driving a slow car fast can be more fun than driving a fast car slow.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've been driving around completely stock for the last few days, and I have to say the car is much smoother than it was tuned. Stage 1 is definitely peaky, and you can really feel that extra strain/power when accelerating normally. The transmission shifts much smoother now and it's kind of fun being able to rev the engine all the way up to redline taking advantage of the full rev range, whereas with stage 1, it was rare that I could give it full throttle without going felonious speeds unless I was merging onto a freeway, and even then, flooring it takes you well over 100 mph quickly. I guess it's true what they say about how driving a slow car fast can be more fun than driving a fast car slow.
I guess this is why I'm enjoying my stock mk7 so much and why I'm waiting for a handheld tune changer. Nobody needs 350tq all the time

Stueck9356

Ready to race!
I guess this is why I'm enjoying my stock mk7 so much and why I'm waiting for a handheld tune changer. Nobody needs 350tq all the time

Agreed. I wish someone would do something like the Openflash Tablet for the FT-86 platform. You got a touchscreen that plugged into the OBD-II, you could flash/update/log any time you wanted, and the entire thing was open source so you could see what the tune did, or make changes. None of this 'proprietary' crap. You're tuning a car, every tuner does the same thing (with a few unique spices), you aren't hiding anything.

jolebole

Ready to race!

Thanks for the update. I never drove a stage1 so I really don't know how smooth acceleration and shifting is compared to stock. Some dealers were offering a demo 2hrs flashing with APR for the MK6s. Not sure if they do that for the MK7. I would like to try it out before I decide to flash or not to flash. I can feel the extra torque difference from the MK6 and I can only imagine how strong stage1 pulls in MK7. When you go into sport mode does stage1 take you all the way to 7k rpms as when stock?

barisk

Ready to race!
Ecu, they tune the car by what it can handle, every car gets his own tuning on a dyno. they have allot of experience in tuning. They wont add more bhp if the car cant handle it. My car had stock 106 bhp tuned 155. But there were other mk7 1.6tdi they had 150, 145, 154,....
i love it, car handle's much better, i have power when i need it on the highway. everybody has their own opinion. some people say you better bought a 2.0 i nstead of the 1.6 they cant handle the power. i call that BS. if you treat your car right, doing its service on time, checking enigne oil, using good diesel, getting the car engine on temprature, not blasting it full pedal all the time. you cant do anythinng wrong imo.
well thats my opnion.
i like it.

sorry for my bad english xD

antuninhos

Ecu, they tune the car by what it can handle, every car gets his own tuning on a dyno. they have allot of experience in tuning. They wont add more bhp if the car cant handle it. My car had stock 106 bhp tuned 155. But there were other mk7 1.6tdi they had 150, 145, 154,....
i love it, car handle's much better, i have power when i need it on the highway. everybody has their own opinion. some people say you better bought a 2.0 i nstead of the 1.6 they cant handle the power. i call that BS. if you treat your car right, doing its service on time, checking enigne oil, using good diesel, getting the car engine on temprature, not blasting it full pedal all the time. you cant do anythinng wrong imo.
well thats my opnion.
i like it.

sorry for my bad english xD
Thanks for the quick response if it is a box I can order that way I cant. Happy with your tuning

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

i honestly think stage 1 is really unnecessary for me for this car unless they bring 50 ponies like the last gen then its ok for me, especially in a shitty state like VA driving 80+ its at least mandated court date. Maybe i'll get some 19 ibs. lightweight wheels from neuspeed and better tires and i think the car may will be complete.

Thanks for the update. I never drove a stage1 so I really don't know how smooth acceleration and shifting is compared to stock. Some dealers were offering a demo 2hrs flashing with APR for the MK6s. Not sure if they do that for the MK7. I would like to try it out before I decide to flash or not to flash. I can feel the extra torque difference from the MK6 and I can only imagine how strong stage1 pulls in MK7. When you go into sport mode does stage1 take you all the way to 7k rpms as when stock?

i can speak my experience with my mk6 gti stage 1. in 5th gear on highway for instance, you can get to 75-80 mph in 3 seconds from 55mph. The power delivery is more jerky with the way i put it when boost kicks in, but the car doesn't seem to have linear acceleration as stock, technically you feel like driving an electric car when you pass someone on highway, stage 2 seems to solve the issue but never experienced, i believe ill wait for 2 and see what happens. I can't speak for sport mode as well on DSG as my mk6 was manual.

MK7 GTI w/ lightweight wheels = mk6 stage 1, in my opinion.