GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Pretty sure that @JerseyDrew77 is the power king now. Would love to ride in that car.
Sure thing! Just come on out to Virginia Beach and I'll take you out for a couple of pulls.

It’s stupid fast…. And that was before being built
You should take a ride in it now. Ever since I had the tune turned up since building my block, she pulls harder now.

Come on out to the east coast for a visit. I'm sure he'd oblige.
Yep, I would and that goes for anybody.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sure thing! Just come on out to Virginia Beach and I'll take you out for a couple of pulls.

You should take a ride in it now. Ever since I had the tune turned up since building my block, she pulls harder now.

Thank you very much for the offer. It's just not a practical thing for me to be able to do as much as I would love it. You did to your car what I would have loved to do but was prevented because of using my car for work.

I know you're waiting for warmer weather to go to the strip but generally when does that happen in your location? I'm guessing with a good hole shot you'll easily break into the 9's.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Thank you very much for the offer. It's just not a practical thing for me to be able to do as much as I would love it. You did to your car what I would have loved to do but was prevented because of using my car for work.

I know you're waiting for warmer weather to go to the strip but generally when does that happen in your location? I'm guessing with a good hole shot you'll easily break into the 9's.

Jim....come out.....powerdemon, tigeo and myself will roll out to meet up with Drew as well....we'll have a mini GTG.....we'll invite Jake and Matt up as well from NC.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Jim....come out.....powerdemon, tigeo and myself will roll out to meet up with Drew as well....we'll have a mini GTG.....we'll invite Jake and Matt up as well from NC.
What am I, chopped liver?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
yes, Fordboy.
Lol, slower, higher, and smoother. The wife's Aviator ruined me plus I am an outdoor guy mostly and the GTI does not fill that need.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

April/May timeframe I would like to start going to the strip but need to install a roll cage before that otherwise I won't be able to race. Rules are if your car is a 10 second car, you need to have a roll cage installed. With the power that I have now and I make my car a tin can (which I'll be doing shortly) and throw some slicks on a set of 15 inch Belak wheels, it'll be in the 10's but not the 9's. I'll need my G30-900 kit for any chance of breaking into the 9's.

Yeah, we need to setup another GTG for maybe the spring time.

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Lol, slower, higher, and smoother. The wife's Aviator ruined me plus I am an outdoor guy mostly and the GTI does not fill that need.

this is what happened to me. I have unfortunately “outgrown” the GTI until I get a place with a garage and have the money for a fun car... and even then, I think it’ll be a Miata/S2K

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I've come to peace with the fact that my beloved GSW is a 4 season car. I love it too much as a dedicated daily to put it away when the salt flies... plus 4motion and 6mt... hello. I'll have a dedicated summer toy shortly which will help me be more at peace with this, lol.