GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

greypanter

Ready to race!
Bought some OEM LED tail lights!
I'm a little hesitant because of eBay and the fact they're from China, but it seems that people who have gotten them are pleased.
Will you please provide us the eBay link you got it from?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

xPETEZx

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone needs to chill haha
Someone needs to look up what "fog" is.
Tired of idiots driving around with fogs on as some vantiy cool look. Granted on the golf they don't dazzel much, but it just leads other idiots to think it's a great idea and turn them on too. And on older cars they do dazzel. Esp at night or in wet conditions when they reflect.

Lastly, you are driving. So can't see the fogs on. So who is it for?
For your cool pictures you can just flip the switch.
Lol easy guy, the fogs are practically like drl's.
As above... They are not DRLs.
Next some tool will think full beam is like DRL....why not? Looks better right?

/rant

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Tired of idiots driving around with fogs on as some vantiy cool look. Granted on the golf they don't dazzel much, but it just leads other idiots to think it's a great idea and turn them on too. And on older cars they do dazzel. Esp at night or in wet conditions when they reflect.

/rant

Okay well someone has to drop it. It's my car and I can do whatever I want to it so why are you getting all butthurt about it? Go spend some time doing something productive and enjoy the other posts.

I looked at your other posts are you the fog light police?

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Sure here it is:

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichfunktion B 12 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

(5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichfunktion B 13 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

Credits for this VCDS code to: AZGTI :)

sweet. Will add to do list!!!
Thanks!!!

JDane07

Ready to race!

geova05

Passed Driver's Ed
Sure here it is:

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichfunktion B 12 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

(5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichfunktion B 13 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

Appreciated!

Looks nice btw

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

/rant

We get what you are saying and you are correct.
But you need to relax a bit on the MK7 front fogs are not bad at all but some people also drive around with rear fogs on a clear days :)

I would relax a bit, you can't tell people what to do with their cars but again I get your point

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I have to admit, that i'm one of those people that get really irritated by people with there fog lights on for no reason. It is one of the rules in the highway code that they must not be on unless visibility is seriously reduced. Whether i think it dazzles people or not, or whether i think it's a rule that needs to be there or not. It's there for a reason and came from somewhere, when it comes to road safety that's not something i take lightly. At the same time as it irritates me and i wouldn't do it myself, other drivers do what they want and it's there own fault of they get pulled over for it or worse

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Well, if people are bugged about using fogs in conjunction with DRL's, then they should be bugged by all the people running annoying fake xenons & having it mis-align pointing at me. And no - they don't get pulled over nor cited.

So I'm not going to point finger at my GTI brethren first.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Sure here it is:

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

Are the DRL's the same lights for the parking lights (in USA)?

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I have to admit, that i'm one of those people that get really irritated by people with there fog lights on for no reason. It is one of the rules in the highway code that they must not be on unless visibility is seriously reduced. Whether i think it dazzles people or not, or whether i think it's a rule that needs to be there or not. It's there for a reason and came from somewhere, when it comes to road safety that's not something i take lightly. At the same time as it irritates me and i wouldn't do it myself, other drivers do what they want and it's there own fault of they get pulled over for it or worse

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ROFL
why?
Highway Code? never heard of such thing..
I would agree if he had high beams on all the time, but fog lights?
I think they look cool on, and they do not bother anybody, they aim low to the ground. that should not irritate anyone
I never heard of a rule that fog lights need to be on only during low visibility and cannot be one any other time.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
It is one of the rules in the highway code that they must not be on unless visibility is seriously reduced.

It's there for a reason and came from somewhere, when it comes to road safety that's not something i take lightly

You DO realize that the same kinds of "highway codes" and "road safety" regulations you're referring to, written by the US DOT, are the reason why the US GTI couldn't get LED Tails? You tell me what's so unsafe about lights that light up a full half a second quicker (which, at highway speeds, equates to an additional 60ish feet of reaction time), and also look better.

Fog lights DO NOT blind others anywhere near as much as regular Bi-Xenons/LEDs do on every car that doesn't have beam-cut-off lenses/housings. That is a fact. UNLESS the person modifies their foglights beyond factory specs, which is a different argument.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
ROFL
why?
Highway Code? never heard of such thing..
I would agree if he had high beams on all the time, but fog lights?
I think they look cool on, and they do not bother anybody, they aim low to the ground. that should not irritate anyone
I never heard of a rule that fog lights need to be on only during low visibility and cannot be one any other time.

It IS a rule, that's why there's no way for us to turn fogs on without low beams from the factory. It's a rule. A stupid one. Kinda like the diesel emissions from the DOT.

Just because a rule exists for a reason doesn't mean the rule itself is properly provisioned and the reason a good one.

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
^^ yeah seriously why the fuss on the internet, plus you live in the UK what do you care if us North Americans run fogs in the day... weird comment

I had fogs as DRL on my mkv, they didn't do shit for fog lol

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Wow...look at that! Golfwang's not wasting our time! ;)

Agree with everything. Fogs aren't hurting anything. Maybe fog lights are something different across the Atlantic...idk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk