GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

codespyder

Ready to race!
Did you get a new badge or use inlays? Also, are those cherry tails or bright red?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Inlays and cherry red

bacisface

Car(s)
2016 Golf S with sun
The switch is pretty easy, I paid around $30 shipped and they seem to be Euro/Asian oem; at least they look and feel exactly like the ones my dealer sells for around 4 times as much.

- Footrest:
Pull the old one to the side and up, it'll pop out, then pull on the bottom of the side panel trim and stick your fingers in, you'll feel 2 tabs, push those and the whole thing comes off; slide the long tabs on the bottom of the new footrest to the slots on the floor then slip the edge of the other side under the side trim while you pull the trim out and lastly push the side trim back bending the bottom edge inward until it hops over the small ridge on the footrest.

- Brake:
Pull old one off from either side, push the new one in, done.

- Accelerator:
Be patient with this one, you need to slide it on top of the old one starting from the bottom; make sure all the edges of the new pedal are wrapped over the edges of the old one, bit tricky but not difficult once you get the hang of it.

I just got a set of these (just accel and brake) from Ebay and the brake doesn't stay on securely. Comparing it to the cover that came off, the new one doesn't have a lip on the bottom to hold onto the pedal itself, so it can lift off pretty easily. Did you have this issue or did I get a dud?

skinnyroots

Ready to race!
I'm having some VWR springs installed on my 1.8 today. The dealership was cool and lent me a Jetta to drive to work today but all it's done is reaffirm my love for my Golf.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
after CDV delete got this today. (APR STAGE 1)

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Why?
Fog lights are for fog or low visibility.

Next you'll tell me you drive around on full beams at night because you can see better? And who cares about other drivers right?

Bruh. The fog lights look really cool. And they don't affect other's visibility like high beams. This was an entirely useless and unnecessary question/comment.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I know the LEDs last "forever" right...but what if one of them goes out early from the extra usage? How much money and how much of a PITA are they to change?

They do look wicked cool though...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Bruh. The fog lights look really cool. And they don't affect other's visibility like high beams. This was an entirely useless and unnecessary question/comment.

super easy plus you can always upgrade to a better bulb. there are access panels to change them just turn your wheels, easy

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Would you share the coding use for this?

Sure here it is:

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichfunktion B 12 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

(5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichfunktion B 13 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

Credits for this VCDS code to: AZGTI :)

golface

Ready to race!
I just got a set of these (just accel and brake) from Ebay and the brake doesn't stay on securely. Comparing it to the cover that came off, the new one doesn't have a lip on the bottom to hold onto the pedal itself, so it can lift off pretty easily. Did you have this issue or did I get a dud?
I think sadly you might have gotten a dud.

My brake pedal looked exactly the same as the stock one from behind and once in place I stomped hard on it once with my foot and the sucker is on tight and has no wiggle in any direction.