GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Newbie
Took a scenic drive through the White Mountain National Forest. You have to experience this region first hand, pictures don't do it justice.
Looks great, the car and the scenery. Your car was the inspiration for my yellow brakes. The wheels are coincidence, but inspired by others on the forum. Distant cousins, haha.
IMG_20210306_072752.jpgIMG_20210306_082908.jpgIMG_20210306_074749.jpg
As for being on topic, took it for an evening cruise and found fuel for under $4/gal, which is good.

Nineeightyone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI | 2004 JSW
Installed my fancy tails:
1620216428137.png

Also not sure if it'll gain more visibility here, but has anyone worked out coding with the BEC harness to grant the dynamic behavior (as visible in the picture) for lock/unlock indication, in addition to turn signals? My signal behavior is dynamic, but the lock/unlock (when using the FOB) is static/lights the turn signal all at once, and I'd like for that to be dynamic as well. Thanks in advance! I'm going to reach out to Ed as well and see if he has any suggestions/input, and see if anyone on the Ross-Tech forums knows anything.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
View attachment 212468
In this pic of my 18 S set up for GS, you can see it's also on the front bump stop and well into positive camber. It makes me think there's merit to the understeer being more about how quickly you get into the bump stops after turn in, because theortically, with more negative camber, both static and dynamically, and toe out in the rear, my lowered car should be much looser, but it isn't. It's understeer city.
that 3 wheel'd stance tho......nice

toothofwar

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Installed a RSB. Makes the Wagon feel like a GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
that 3 wheel'd stance tho......nice
It you look closer at the first pic of my STH setup mid corner, the inside rear tire is in the air too, it just isn't as dramatic as it was with the stock springs.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Filmed this to show the preset functions of my air ride ecu, and rate of lifts,
drops.

Lift setting is what I use when I’m entering questionable lots... it’s also 1 touch wired to my ejecto seato for quick adjustments lol.
View attachment 212549

First, love the Rabbit shift ring. Second, full lift is perfect for me. Old people problems. Lol

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I was wondering that too. Maybe less glare while making folks look like smurfs?

Why do Smurfs have blue balls? Because there is only one Smurfette.

I polished and waxed my Fraulein for the first time yesterday afternoon. I figured after owning it for two years, it was about due. ;)
Only took four hours: wash, clay bar, Turtle Wax metal polish, Meguiar's Ultimate polish and then Meguiar's Ultimate wax.

Finished at 7:45 last night and it is of course raining today, so it's trashed from road spray already. Of course it is. That's why I seldom even wash it.

ZERO815

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
NA '17 GTI SE DSG
Couldn't stand the progressive springs I had installed in my GTI anymore. The creaking noises and spring binding didn't do it for me. I have a fancy spreader tool but for me the good old chisel is the easiest and most reliable tool to unclamp the front struts.
Meißel.jpg

Went with the Eibach Pro-Kit E10-15-021-02-22 linear springs and Sachs 803 024 top mounts instead. Front struts are Bilstein B8 Comfort Twintube yellow 22-299314.
Linear-Progressiv.jpg

Rears are Bilstein B8 Comfort Monotube green 24-253956 with Sachs 803 010 top mounts.
B8_Grün.jpg

Bump stops are modified like this:
Bump_Stop_Mod.jpg

Together w/ the Clubsport RSB 5Q0511305BA it's getting where I want it to be. No noises, planted body, compliant ride over rougher/bumpier roads, ready for spirited driving and long Autobahn rides.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Are you sure you need bumpstops on the struts? I have B8s and they say do not use bumpstops, because they are built-in to the strut.

ZERO815

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
NA '17 GTI SE DSG
Yes I do, these fronts are Twintube shocks #22-299314. Typically Bilstein B8s are inverted Monotubes, they have internal bump stops.
1R-2R.jpg

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Why do Smurfs have blue balls? Because there is only one Smurfette.

I polished and waxed my Fraulein for the first time yesterday afternoon. I figured after owning it for two years, it was about due. ;)
Only took four hours: wash, clay bar, Turtle Wax metal polish, Meguiar's Ultimate polish and then Meguiar's Ultimate wax.

Finished at 7:45 last night and it is of course raining today, so it's trashed from road spray already. Of course it is. That's why I seldom even wash it.
I started working from home in March and now I just take my wife's car if it's raining. I think I've only washed the GTI once...

Rojito

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
First wash!

It took a week with work and the bad weather, but it was worth it. Now I just need to get some shine. Any suggestions on that are welcome.

Also, what brush are y’all using for the wheels? I’ve done a bunch of reading, but the reviews are all over the place. A few more opinions based on personal experience would be helpful.

927C4794-55D9-46A0-A6F9-B66A9EA31F0B.jpeg
6898B47C-1236-4178-9F19-3533DE15FB2A.jpeg