GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Someone said those mounts come shot from the factory, lol. I don’t see how the insert would eliminate that slop.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So any thoughts about the mounts after getting some miles on them? They break in at all/you get used to it yet?
Engine mount bolt nut had almost fallen off. Glad I checked it doing my battery bracket upgrade. Tranny mount bolts all good thankfully as they're harder to get to. I get some weird vibrations when coasting like the clutch is trying to decide if it wants to disengage or not. I had them before but they were muted, now it is very obvious. I can't see distances out my rearview mirror if I am on the throttle. The cars are all blurry :LOL:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Turn off the ac. Makes mine much better although mine only vibrates at idle.

wait, you have the Cpe mounts...

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
(Ask me how I know 🙃)

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
How is the lithium vs an ol wet cell? Is it all hype? Any advantages?
I put an Autozone (classy, I know) EFB battery in mine and I notice it runs at higher voltages, starts faster etc. And that’s still a wet cell. Imagining Diggs’ is way ahead.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I put an Autozone (classy, I know) EFB battery in mine and I notice it runs at higher voltages, starts faster etc. And that’s still a wet cell. Imagining Diggs’ is way ahead.
Dope. I know lithium can only do so many cycles. But I’m assuming it’s capable of way more cycles vs a wet cell.