GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ztorc

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed H&R rear sway bar.
20210504_135328.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Got the BFI Stage 1 mounts+ Powerflex hybrid installed. Holy cow... the old transmission mount was CLAPPED as I assumed. The thing moves like a sea-saw with minimal effort.

How is the vibration?

okMK

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
16 2dr MK7
How is the vibration?
I can feel the vibration with my feet on the floorboard, it is noticeably louder. However the noise is... different, I would say the majority of it is moved to or isolated in the engine bay now. It's almost as if the mounts are actually "holding" the engine noise. We'll see how it is after breakin.

All of my transmission slop is gone now, third gear is actually in the same place under WOT which is exactly what I wanted. The transmission doesnt slam forward in first on slow/creeping takeoffs, causing the car to start bucking. Everything with the gearbox just feels crisp and better than what it was. This stuff was making me absolutely hate the car, so I am super happy with the change.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Took a scenic drive through the White Mountain National Forest. You have to experience this region first hand, pictures don't do it justice.
View attachment 212516
Agreed. I have some fond memories from up there, despite nearly dying in a storm that came out of nowhere one time.

Last edited:

nok513

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Installed the ARM catted 3" downpipe. I don't know how people do them on ramps. Must be fuggin' pros cause I had to switch it up midway to jack stands to get more clearance. This is my first time changing out a dp, as everything else I've done. I have to say those youtube videos make it look easy. It wasn't too hard, but it was a pain in the ass. I'm glad I stuck it through and got it done. Overall, I'm happy with the fitment and quality of the dp. It's a 2 piece system; included 3" to 2.5" reducer and 3" straight pipe. Downside, no instructions, but there's youtube and I used CTS' documentation for reference. The 3" extended pipe mated up with my Borla Type S with some minor adjustments to catback, but at the end well worth it. Flashed my car with my updated low torque tune from Stratified after the install and took a quick ride for a feel. Having a drink now to ease my back pain. 😒

Attachments

• PXL_20210504_235848372.jpg
    PXL_20210504_235848372.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S
Installed the ARM catted 3" downpipe. I don't know how people do them on ramps. Must be fuggin' pros cause I had to switch it up midway to jack stands to get more clearance. This is my first time changing out a dp, as everything else I've done. I have to say those youtube videos make it look easy. It wasn't too hard, but it was a pain in the ass. I'm glad I stuck it through and got it done. Overall, I'm happy with the fitment and quality of the dp. It's a 2 piece system; included 3" to 2.5" reducer and 3" straight pipe. Downside, no instructions, but there's youtube and I used CTS' documentation for reference. The 3" extended pipe mated up with my Borla Type S with some minor adjustments to catback, but at the end well worth it. Flashed my car with my updated low torque tune from Stratified after the install and took a quick ride for a feel. Having a drink now to ease my back pain. 😒
Installed mine awhile ago on 6" lift ramps. Not sure if the GTI is different from the 1.8T, but the only way you can make it happen is to remove the DP brace from the pipe and then the block and pull both separately. No way in hell to get it out in one piece with the clearance on ramps.

nok513

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Installed mine awhile ago on 6" lift ramps. Not sure if the GTI is different from the 1.8T, but the only way you can make it happen is to remove the DP brace from the pipe and then the block and pull both separately. No way in hell to get it out in one piece with the clearance on ramps.
Once I was able to get the dp moving, I removed the entire bracket. After manuevering, removing the bracket, trying to keep an eye on the o2 sensor, I was ready for a beer. The whole time I kept thinking how the fuck?!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Once I was able to get the dp moving, I removed the entire bracket. After manuevering, removing the bracket, trying to keep an eye on the o2 sensor, I was ready for a beer. The whole time I kept thinking how the fuck?!
Good job. I would have started with a beer. 😂🍺

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
The entire "White Mountain Scenic Loop" was a car enthusiast's dream on this perfect off-season weeknight. The roads were in great shape, the views were incredible, the elevation changes were wild (9% and 13% in a few spots), there was absolutely no traffic, and I could just enjoy the drive.

Any other Northeast driving adventures I should undertake while I'm in the area for training? Really hoping the Mount Washington Auto Road reopens before I have to head home! If anyone wants to get a small group together for a meet-up/drive shoot me a message and we'll try to make it happen!
AA0EA276-A09A-4D12-BB51-1BFE933DE580.jpeg

B103F3E9-EA7C-428B-A0D1-BB40F8161035.jpeg