GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is it really only Apple? No AA? I want it so bad, but not enough to get an apple phone.

Yes. It is only CarPlay. No Android Auto unfortunately.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
What did you wrap it with? Do you have any pictures?

just some extra 'PTP Lava Wrap' I had laying around - i will iterate, the point of the wrap is actually moreso to keep heat in on your downpipe, but i figured it would look neat, had extra, nothing else to do, and needed to fix the rubbing issue so it worked out lol

ALTERNATIVELY, before that i had some home air conditioner wall installation one-sided sticky foam strip - whatever the hell its really called - and used a patch of that where the rubbing was and that held up for a while as well.
1607010920993.png

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
just some extra 'PTP Lava Wrap' I had laying around - i will iterate, the point of the wrap is actually moreso to keep heat in on your downpipe, but i figured it would look neat, had extra, nothing else to do, and needed to fix the rubbing issue so it worked out lol

ALTERNATIVELY, before that i had some home air conditioner wall installation one-sided sticky foam strip - whatever the hell its really called - and used a patch of that where the rubbing was and that held up for a while as well.
View attachment 194882
Does it hey Lava wrap help with keep the heat off the intake pipe now?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
The point of the heatshield wrap is to keep the heat out of the engine bay from the hot exhaust components, the heat transfer from the engine bay air into the intake pipe into the intake air is completely negligible. I'd remove the intake wrap tbh.

In a climate with salty roads, I probably wouldn't run a wrap on anything. Just a little bit of salty water on there and the pipe is going to rust.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I had b16’s then I planned to go on air so I sold them and went back to stock in the mean time. Then later decided against air since I don’t know shit about it and now I’m back lol.

HAHAHA. That’s funny. Air is stupid anyway, it’s a fancy overpriced toy for clout.

Cars👏Don’t👏Look👏Good👏Slammed👏It👏Just👏Makes👏The👏Driver👏Look👏Like👏An👏Idiot👏

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
From what I've seen air can provide a really good ride and attractive ride height. It's all about how you set it up and if you go with quality parts or not.

The only reason you air it out is to not load the bags when the car is off... but you don't have to do that.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
HAHAHA. That’s funny. Air is stupid anyway, it’s a fancy overpriced toy for clout.

Cars👏Don’t👏Look👏Good👏Slammed👏It👏Just👏Makes👏The👏Driver👏Look👏Like👏An👏Idiot👏

I think slammed and heavily cambered cars will follow the huge JNCO jeans trend, that in 20 years people will look back and go "God that looked ridiculous". But in the meantime, it's a good thing everyone is allowed to have their own opinion on personal style and taste. Someone wants to slam their car, go right ahead. It doesn't effect me the slightest. You probably have plenty of things that someone would think makes you look like an idiot.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
From what I've seen air can provide a really good ride and attractive ride height. It's all about how you set it up and if you go with quality parts or not.

The only reason you air it out is to not load the bags when the car is off... but you don't have to do that.
Yup, I can have a very compliant ride at 45-55 psi and 60-65 get is performance firm, 90 in the front and 80 in the rear get it up to stock height to not worry about steep driveways and under 15 gets it on the floor so I can look like an Idiot 😂😂. Gets a lot of compliments from even old school muscle car guys... but now that I see the truth I think they must have just felt bad for me cause you they though “that guys and idiot” 😂😂

And anyone who talks about how airride car drive and perform bad.... never actually had air or a system that wasn’t a trash bag air setup.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I think slammed and heavily cambered cars will follow the huge JNCO jeans trend, that in 20 years people will look back and go "God that looked ridiculous". But in the meantime, it's a good thing everyone is allowed to have their own opinion on personal style and taste. Someone wants to slam their car, go right ahead. It doesn't effect me the slightest. You probably have plenty of things that someone would think makes you look like an idiot.
It’s funny when people call aired out cars a Trend... yes camber cars are a Trend but air ride cars have been in the scene forever... ever been to a good guys show? It’s a regular affair see a hotrod sitting it’s frame on the grass.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
It’s funny when people call aired out cars a Trend... yes camber cars are a Trend but air ride cars have been in the scene forever... ever been to a good guys show? It’s a regular affair see a hotrod sitting it’s frame on the grass.

Yea, air is not going anywhere. Literally every show or meet I've been to there has been at least one car on bags. And a properly set up car will perform as well as most cars on this forum save the dedicated track cars perhaps. And the air set up is way more customizable than even coilovers.

The knock is the price. But everyone values different things.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Yesterday but, I loaded Unitronic stage 1+ ECU and stage 2 DSG. Bought stage 2, so as soon as I have a downpipe, I'll load stage 2. Will do an intercooler at the same time. This car is so much better than it was. (Secret Santa want to buy me a downpipe?)