20201202_171502.jpg
20201202_171536.jpg
20201202_171924.jpg
20201202_171438.jpg

tdipaul

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 6MT SE PP/LP
Almost went to the stock setup but couldn't get myself to drill new holes in the bumper. The plate is taking a beating hanging out there. Have heard some talk about this state doing away with front plates to save $. Cant wait.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Hey guys, new to this forum and new to VWs.

I have a 2019 Golf R with 5k miles, one cracked windshields and no other mods.

Received my first mods today! Bought from RCA garage which was ridiculously cheap and fast.

- H&R 25mm RSB,
- EBC front and rear bluestuff pads.

1606965724585.jpeg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
New front tires (FK510) again after 9k miles. No rotation. Rears are still at 7/32 after 17k miles. Probably go through 2 more fronts before having to replace rears.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
New front tires (FK510) again after 9k miles. No rotation. Rears are still at 7/32 after 17k miles. Probably go through 2 more fronts before having to replace rears.

Don't you rotate them so you can replace all 4 at the same time?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Don't you rotate them so you can replace all 4 at the same time?

Used to with tires that last longer, but with these that last less than 10k in the front, seems like too much hassle. Just replace the fronts when they wear out and replace all 4 when the rears do.

Met a guy at autocross that has his own mounting equipment. And he will rotate tires and flip them inside out to get better wear. If I could do that, might make a bigger difference because of camber, but that's not going to happen.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Used to with tires that last longer, but with these that last less than 10k in the front, seems like too much hassle. Just replace the fronts when they wear out and replace all 4 when the rears do.

Met a guy at autocross that has his own mounting equipment. And he will rotate tires and flip them inside out to get better wear. If I could do that, might make a bigger difference because of camber, but that's not going to happen.
being able to flip those rear performance tires makes a difference. I would only buy fronts as needed if I had the tools to unmount and flip.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I rotate before every event. They wear evenly all the way to cords.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
With directional treads you can’t really rotate though. Just swap front to rear, right?

I have adequate camber now, so not an issue.

Previously, I'd rotate every event and flip after 40 to 50 runs.