GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
If you hit the tree hard enough to total your car then the deer probably totaled it on it's own.

But you're right, I'm sure there are plenty of nuances to these situations that insurance companies could use to try and get out of it. I don't know what responsibility you have to prove you hit a deer. I've hit deer before and they didn't stick around and they never leave a phone #

Don't clean your car before the adjuster sees it. Not to get graphic, but hitting a deer almost always leaves evidence, at least hair.

My wife hit a doe at low speed not a half mile from home. Almost no damage to the car. The deer wasn't even knocked down and ran away, but she left hair in the grille and panel gaps (the deer did, not my wife).

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
any full car pics of these? They are sharp
Much appreciated! I love them...
8466D7F2-C85A-45CB-B566-8F392C7F9DEF.jpeg
CEFF782D-071A-4421-8AA1-C586AE973BA6.jpeg

Best I got this far..... doesn’t do them justice really....I have yet to get a great shot of them

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What happens if you do hit the deer, then lose control and wreck into a tree? Turning a fender bender into a completely destroyed car? They'll total it out with no penalties?

They go after the deer's insurance.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
For everyone saying insurance premiums won't go up because there's a law, doesn't work that easily. Company will find another way to increase.

I had a hail damage claim and nothing else. Insurance increased my premiums by a significant amount. Contacted them and their response was it wasn't because of the hail damage claim. They claimed that they reassess risk every time it renews and this increase was based on other factors. When I brought up that I didn't have any accidents, tickets etc, they didn't have an answer.

Of course I'm not with them anymore, actually, I am, but after leaving them for 3 years. But now they're the cheapest. Now I just shop for insurance every 6 months-year

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
For everyone saying insurance premiums won't go up because there's a law, doesn't work that easily. Company will find another way to increase.

I had a hail damage claim and nothing else. Insurance increased my premiums by a significant amount. Contacted them and their response was it wasn't because of the hail damage claim. They claimed that they reassess risk every time it renews and this increase was based on other factors. When I brought up that I didn't have any accidents, tickets etc, they didn't have an answer.

Of course I'm not with them anymore, actually, I am, but after leaving them for 3 years. But now they're the cheapest. Now I just shop for insurance every 6 months-year
always shop around, company x will beat company y by 5$ ect
my insurance is actually pretty low imo for full coverage for the gti so i dont, but yeah you get the gist of it

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

Yeah, just opening the Allstate app costs me money somewhere, calling them is an immediate 10% increase.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
CTS BOV installed today. Purchased off someone on FB. It’s pretty loud when you want it to be. Otherwise for the price I got it for its a steal!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI