GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You drive a lot also. Do you have a job that requires driving?

Drive it to work, 70 miles every day. Plus used to go down to greater LA area a lot when I moved to California. Plus long distance trips: Arizona, Utah, Bay Area, Nevada.

I put on 42k in the first year, 24k in second, and I anticipate around 20k in third (car's purchase anniversary is June 8th).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Drive it to work, 70 miles every day. Plus used to go down to greater LA area a lot when I moved to California. Plus long distance trips: Arizona, Utah, Bay Area, Nevada.

I put on 42k in the first year, 24k in second, and I anticipate around 20k in third (car's purchase anniversary is June 8th).

If you plan a trip to Phoenix I can give you the name of the dyno place that will allow Ed to do the remote dyno tune.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you plan a trip to Phoenix I can give you the name of the dyno place that will allow Ed to do the remote dyno tune.

Not in the near future. Main reason I would end up in AZ right now is to pick up cheaper ammo in bulk, but I just found a store an hour away from me that will do FFL transfers on ammo purchased online, so I'm going back to ordering from my usual online place. I do, however, appreciate your willingness to help. If I don't have my protune by my next trip to AZ, I'll let you know.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not in the near future. Main reason I would end up in AZ right now is to pick up cheaper ammo in bulk, but I just found a store an hour away from me that will do FFL transfers on ammo purchased online, so I'm going back to ordering from my usual online place. I do, however, appreciate your willingness to help. If I don't have my protune by my next trip to AZ, I'll let you know.

Have you ever dynoed your current setup? I'm excited for you. I'm guessing that with an EQT protune and E30 you'll be in the neighborhood of 375 HP and 425 torque.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Have you ever dynoed your current setup? I'm excited for you. I'm guessing that with an EQT protune and E30 you'll be in the neighborhood of 375 HP and 425 torque.

Never have, actually. I didn't think it was important enough for an OTS tune. I just went by published number ranges, plus/minus.
I'll have to see whether to go E20 or E30. I'm sure even with E20 I'll feel a pleasant increase in power and torque. I want to do my best to balance reliability and power increase. Planning on keeping this car for the next three years, and I have 80k on it already.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Never have, actually. I didn't think it was important enough for an OTS tune. I just went by published number ranges, plus/minus.
I'll have to see whether to go E20 or E30. I'm sure even with E20 I'll feel a pleasant increase in power and torque. I want to do my best to balance reliability and power increase. Planning on keeping this car for the next three years, and I have 80k on it already.

I'm in the same boat with the mileage and want to keep mine under 400 HP. In a few weeks I'll be going from an IS38 with leaking bearing seals to the TPC20. I'll have the local dyno place install it and retune and then in a few months do the EQT remote dyno tune.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I just ordered NGK racing spark plugs recommended by Ed for his stage 2 tune. Got them from FCPeuro. My current OEM plugs that I put in maybe 5k miles ago will go into my wife's Beetle that has just passed its 60k mark.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Made this meme, enjoy

3ujxs6.jpg

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I think a lot of us are feeling the same way. I was supposed to use this, my bonus, and my tax refunds to buy tires and pay off the remainder of my GTI loan, but.... Carbon fiber mirror caps went on sale for 100 off, Eibach springs went on sale for 30 bucks off so i figured a little chunk out for those and the install hardware wouldn't hurt anything hahaha

I still have to buy the tires and alignment though