GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
OEM Euro Passat 3BG LED door puddle lights (all 4 doors). Next up are the two OEM LED under-seat lights for the rear.

What did you wire into for the rear door puddle lights? I did my front lights, following golfdave's DIY. Was thinking of doing the rears and followed the link that golfdave provided to Soothucker's build thread. The last post in that thread is by o_a_ravi. He did the rear doors on his Mk7 Golf and NMS/B7 Passat and eventually had issues with both. No one ever responded to his post, but I was wondering if you wired per the DIY or if you did something to avoid this issue.
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/my-pure-white-gtd-dsg-5-door.318877/post-6616145

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I went 407 miles it took 12.6 gallons = 32.3

and it wasn't easy...all commuting speed except for one 10 mile loop of the Durham Ring

One Friday it was light traffic on the way home from my 1 hour drive and the max speed limit is 60mph, most is 45-55. I decided to drive the speed limit and registered 42mpg on the display, which previously calculated over multiple tanks is 1.2 mpg too high. I think a 35mpg indicated is the best I've ever managed for a tank. Lately, I'm lucky to get 30 indicated, as I'm sick of commuting and been driving much faster and more aggressively passing the painfully slow gray haired drivers here in Florida. And it's hard not to do at least one 2nd and 3rd pull on the way to work since getting tuned. It just makes me happy, though I'm starting to regret not getting a DSG.

Last edited:

wizmk7gti

Passed Driver's Ed
One Friday it was light traffic on the way home from my 1 hour drive and the max speed limit is 60mph, most is 45-55. I decided to drive the speed limit and registered 42mpg on the display, which previously calculated over multiple tanks is 1.2 mpg too high. I think a 35mpg indicated is the best I've ever managed for a tank. Lately, I'm lucky to get 30 indicated, as I'm sick of commuting and been driving much faster and more aggressively passing the painfully slow gray haired drivers here in Florida. And it's hard not to do at least one 2nd and 3rd pull on the way to work since getting tuned. It just makes me happy, though I'm starting to regret not getting a DSG.
Putting the thread back on track, I got an APR STAGE 1 93 LOW TORQUE TUNE today. 66 k and 5years!?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but had a busy day. Installed some Amazon exhaust tips I got from a member here, installed a boomba shifter adapter from another member, did an oil change, and did alot of obd11 odds and ends. All in all a good day!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I can’t even imagine lol. I just did a FMIC and I imagine that is nothing compared to what you’re doing :LOL: Good luck nonetheless.

frailingbanjo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6MT
Went on a 100 mile mid-morning ride. Hit alot of my favorite roads, including US 421 between Mountain City and Bristol, TN. They call it "The Snake".
IMG_20200328_113003.jpg