GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
me and my friend fixed the issues with the AID on my non-facelift GTE. Now it's fully functional!
Movies:

https://i.imgur.com/BONKaeu.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/flRxGUP.mp4

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Okay, that makes more sense. Wonder what it would sound like with the soundaktor still on. Annoying to another level?

It's not your exhaust making more noise. Its just your car vibrating. When you stiffen the mounts you are stiffening what normally absorbs the vibration from your engine and transmission to keep your car tolerable. Your car isn't actually any louder, it just sounds louder in the cabin because the vibrations are coming directly to you instead of being absorbed in the mounts as much as they were before.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Relocated my ham display to make room for something else in the center dash:

I'll take better photos later...

Hey what's your call sign? My family has done HAM radio for over 40 years!

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Okay, that makes more sense. Wonder what it would sound like with the soundaktor still on. Annoying to another level?
Before my upgraded mounts, I had the soundaktor at 25% (?). Afterwards, I had to completely turn it off via OBDeleven. Vibrations from the engine bay + vibrations from the soundaktor led to ridiculous noise.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
I have a fairly steep driveway and my car kept autonomously stopping as I would back out and sometimes in to my driveway. It is actually fairly alarming and when it happened to my wife she thought the car was scraping the ground and then parked it in the street.

I found this setting and deselected it (Maneuver Braking) and since then it hasn’t happened again. Fingers crossed that was the actual culprit. Since setting it I have only gone in and out maybe 6 times, but so far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Installed EQT TMD and charge pipe kit last night. Not too difficult but pretty annoying getting OEM pipe out.

None of the wiring has a spot to snap back onto the pipe, not that that is an issue as they are pretty snug.

SAI that runs under it is pretty squished but no ill effects seen on the way to work.

The o-ring for the TMD did not want to go into the turbo outlet groove. It seems like it was just a smidge too big? I just reused the Tomioka o-ring as it is only like 6k miles old and in fine shape.

A little bit more darth vader sounding at part throttle. Need to log and see if there is any difference but too wet out.

EDIT: Flickr flipped one of my pics. Sorry.

Tomioka TMD (Right) vs EQT TMD (Left)

Tomioka TMD (left) vs EQT TMD (Right)

Tomioka TMD will be going up for sale.

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Installed EQT TMD and charge pipe kit last night. Not too difficult but pretty annoying getting OEM pipe out.

None of the wiring has a spot to snap back onto the pipe, not that that is an issue as they are pretty snug.

SAI that runs under it is pretty squished but no ill effects seen on the way to work.

The o-ring for the TMD did not want to go into the turbo outlet groove. It seems like it was just a smidge too big? I just reused the Tomioka o-ring as it is only like 6k miles old and in fine shape.

A little bit more darth vader sounding at part throttle. Need to log and see if there is any difference but too wet out.

EDIT: Flickr flipped one of my pics. Sorry.

Tomioka TMD (Right) vs EQT TMD (Left)

Tomioka TMD (left) vs EQT TMD (Right)

Tomioka TMD will be going up for sale.

Ha I did the same exact thing last night.. CTS junk out, EQT charge pipe kit is in.. All set for when I swap turbos

Last edited:

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Well let us know how it goes. I just tried to do a search on the forums and doesn’t seem anyone has used this before? Seems to be the same as the JB1 or Neuspeed Power Module.
Talked to the guy at their office. They did do a Dyno on it but he doesn't have the actual graph. The numbers he has from it show 264 ps (260 mechanical hp)/188 kw (255 hp), and 421nm (310 lb/ft). If accurate, not bad from 228hp/258lb/ft stock.

He said they don't have a mechanical boost tap on one of these to read the difference, but he's looking at putting one on his own he bought, as am I. Basically whichever of us does it first will check that part.

So far I think there's more pep at casual acceleration, only driving around base. Going to push it a bit as traffic allows at lunch on the highway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I have a fairly steep driveway and my car kept autonomously stopping as I would back out and sometimes in to my driveway. It is actually fairly alarming and when it happened to my wife she thought the car was scraping the ground and then parked it in the street.

I found this setting and deselected it (Maneuver Braking) and since then it hasn’t happened again. Fingers crossed that was the actual culprit. Since setting it I have only gone in and out maybe 6 times, but so far so good!
[/IMG]

This sounds like the automatic braking it does when you're parking and the sensor thinks you're about to hit something.

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
This sounds like the automatic braking it does when you're parking and the sensor thinks you're about to hit something.

Agree, which was why I figured I’d try switching it off to see. While I’m happy it is no longer stopping me getting in and out at home, it seems like a nice feature to have if parallel parking (and not quick/simple to toggle like as you’re trying to park). My last car had 360° camera system that was amazing for parking!!

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
Just got my all weather mats with the R logo and the satin silver mirror caps today!! I might wait to do the mirror caps until I get the sequential turn signals to minimize having to take them off again and risk marring them in some way.

In the car

ineedboostedmk7

Passed Driver's Ed

Add-a-fuse tapped the fuse box to hardwire a BlackVue power magic pro for the DR750s 2channel dash cam. It’s been running well, so I think I did it right.