GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Picked these up, and DAMN! are they big compared to the stock Hankooks on the Sport. I'm almost worried they are too big.

Are your wheels 8.5" wide?

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Navi

Autocross Champion
Just kidding.

Bravo sir. That looks fantastic, your build is becoming one of my favourites.

thanks... I should make a build thread but I'm so lazy and busy these days. Worst combination. Maybe over thanksgiving will because I don't care much for turkey or american football. Actually I like american football but I hate commercials and I feel like there are more commercials than game these days..

Navi

Autocross Champion
Damn, heated too?! Niceee. Any guides?

no guides.. i basically had to dig around the audi forums, lotus forums and bmw f80 m3 forums to figure it out. It's a pain in the ass but completely worth it. OEM heating pads wired just like stock heated seats. I can always help if anyone has questions about it. I have all the part numbers. My friend is doing the same thing soon to his GTI as well

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Not so much an improvement to my MK7 itself but rather to its environment. Installed 3 out of 6 LED shop lights in my garage to make working on the GTI a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
^^ those Recaros look tits.. that spaghetti all over the center console, not so much.

This is actually my car in a clean state. I should have posted the photo of hot chocolate all over the center console.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Gas pedal spacer

Navi

Autocross Champion
What are those switches for? Air suspension?

no I hate bags... I'm on H&R coils. I used to be on Bilstein B16 PSS10 coilovers but I will no longer be supporting them.. long story. The switches are for some lights I used to have for work. I'm taking all the extra shit out soon so that it looks more clean inside.

side note... I hang with a lot of Civic Type R owners, and the leader of their clan is bagged... smh. Why bag the best fwd sports car? And it's a female and everyone sweats her. ahh such is life.

Gas pedal spacer

nice.. I've had this for a bit but still was not too happy with the pedal placement. It did help but I supplemented this with the rennline throttle pedal and rennline throttle pedal extension.. now it's perfect.

Last edited:

switzerr

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed some ECS thread-in studs. So far so good, but I have terrible luck with thread in studs. Every car I've purchased that had thread-in studs installed has had multiple studs come out. These are the ones designed to allow up to 20mm spacers. They work great for me to line up the wheel and not hit the caliper. I wish they were speed studs, when I install new bearings I'll definitely install press-in speed studs!

Are you using loctite? I’ve never had issues with my BMWs. The kits I use call for loctite blue.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
nice.. I've had this for a bit but still was not too happy with the pedal placement. It did help but I supplemented this with the rennline throttle pedal and rennline throttle pedal extension.. now it's perfect.

Rennline looks OEM+ and well engineered I'm glad to hear it performs well.
I have an adjustable pedal cover from Razo and with the WCT spacer I'm finally happy with the feel and height. I should probably stop now, right? My pedal cover is still secure after 25k miles. I was initially sceptical of the metal straps but it was worth the risk to me at only $25. I'm impressed and like the adjustable width

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Not so much an improvement to my MK7 itself but rather to its environment. Installed 3 out of 6 LED shop lights in my garage to make working on the GTI a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey buddy just want to make sure you know you're really not supposed to run the Apr intake with a fixed silicone hose like that. Apr recommends against this as well as many other manufacturers. The issue is a lack of flex puts stress on the bottom mounting grommet of the apr box causing it to flex and or crack over time.