GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI/TDI

Passed Driver's Ed
What’s up fellas, I picked up my brand new 2018 GTI S (Manual) a couple weeks ago. I ended up getting white silver metallic, and I love that color!

I’m leaving in a few minutes to head to the tint shop And I will post pictures when I get back. I also got the $10 EBay Clutch stop in the mail and am gonna throw that on later too.

I ordered a JB4 and the Bluetooth wireless thing and also some Carbon fiber side view mirror covers the other day with the awesome EBay coupon so am waiting on that stuff :)

Oh and as my username implies my other car (was mine now the wife is driving it) is a 2015 VW Golf TDI (Night Blue) W/ DSG.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
What I did to my car today? I saw it being loaded onto a truck after my DSG failed:

I think it was my cars' way of taking revenge for not cleaning her for too long.
:(

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Hey buddy just want to make sure you know you're really not supposed to run the Apr intake with a fixed silicone hose like that. Apr recommends against this as well as many other manufacturers. The issue is a lack of flex puts stress on the bottom mounting grommet of the apr box causing it to flex and or crack over time.

Appreciate it; this setup is temporary and I will get something else after my EQT comes in and I install it.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
What I did to my car today? I saw it being loaded onto a truck after my DSG failed:

I think it was my cars' way of taking revenge for not cleaning her for too long.
:(

Sorry to hear. Do you have a DSG/TCU tune?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
So how did your car behave when the DSG failed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orange colored error on the cluster: "DSG failure. Safe mode. You can still drive" . (something along those lines).
Followed by "hybrid system failure, go to dealer". (the car is a hybrid Golf)

Then there was no more pedal response. The engine responded, but the power was no longer transferred to the wheels. I was driving on the outer left lane, and had to cross 2 lanes of traffic going 120km/h. I put the car in neutral and could roll out safely to the emergency lane. There I could keep it rolling until I found a safe spot.

Errorcode in transmission module: P086700 - Transmission Fluid Pressure

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Put in 2 gallons of E85 last night to try for an E20 blend. Drove about 60 miles since so I think the ECU has probably adjusted by now. Hard to tell if any difference because it’s been wet and rainy and I haven’t had a chance to give her any throttle. But I i did spin the tires at 60mph in 4th yesterday on an on-ramp, so that was fun. Powertrain is stock besides APR Stage 1 tune.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Bought some rally armor mud flaps like I had on my Hawkeye subbie

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
Bought some rally armor mud flaps like I had on my Hawkeye subbie

I’m considering the same just to help keep the GTI clean. I saw someone running them on a black GTI and they didn’t look too overstated, so I think the rally armors are what I’ll go with.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Changed the oil at my dad's house. Found out his torque wrench doesn't work while I torqued the oil filter housing down. I got to a hard stop and wondered why it hadn't clicked yet. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’m considering the same just to help keep the GTI clean. I saw someone running them on a black GTI and they didn’t look too overstated, so I think the rally armors are what I’ll go with.
Honestly, I'm also looking for a rally light bar to put up front like I used to have (rally innovations).... Have yet to see something like that for the MK7. Need to mount two 7" lights to

Last edited:

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Used it to transport 4x winter tyres, and a full set of wheels to have some jiger’ry-pocker’ry done!

Hoping to pick these up without any issues after fitting and balancing with a ‘Road Force’ machine.

zech912

Ready to race!
Changed the oil at my dad's house. Found out his torque wrench doesn't work while I torqued the oil filter housing down. I got to a hard stop and wondered why it hadn't clicked yet. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

digital torque wrench makes this go much better. sometimes even a supposedly working torque wrench mysteriously gives no click.

thelateoctober

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2919 R
Changed cabin airfilter, removed clutch spring, and installed clutch stop. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, but new to working on my own car. I've got a bunch of tools and fluids on the way for an oil change and clutch delay valve delete. Probably do a bfi or boomba shift knob after that, unless I work up the balls to install a Sigma 6 on my own.