GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

well im getting the last of the mk7.5 gti (2021)

which color should i go with?

• White Silver

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Cornflower Blue.

Votes: 75 68.2%

• Total voters

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
here it is if anyone hasn't seen it yet .
I have coils to put on it already.

omg, I made the mistake of downloading your 13 MB picture on my cell phone again. I am on one of those super cheap plans without much data lol

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
What are some of the interface changes with the MIB3 over MIB2?

Wondering how easy it will be to swap the MIB2 unit with MIB3 once they become plentiful. Wireless CarPlay is something I really want.

Let me know when you upgrade, we can discuss the fate of your MIB2 system.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Very boring and short video of the MIB3 system

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Thanks for posting that video. Looks like the MIB3 animations run a lot smoother than MIB2. Can't see why it wouldn't be a direct swap for the MIB2 unit.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Thanks for posting that video. Looks like the MIB3 animations run a lot smoother than MIB2. Can't see why it wouldn't be a direct swap for the MIB2 unit.
There is no CD player or SD card reader in the glove box

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
There is no CD player or SD card reader in the glove box

Is there a USB port somewhere? I have all of music on a USB thumb drive.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Is there a USB port somewhere? I have all of music on a USB thumb drive.
There's a big cloud out there. I've got 53k songs in the Amazon Cloud in lossless format. Works fine. I'd be curious what the degradation over BT is though, as I'd be tempted to use that with MIB3.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
USB type c

Thank you. I'm behind the times technologically, having just received my first smart phone. :oops: But, whether moving my music to a USB-C thumb drive or the cloud as bentin suggests, I'll figure it out. At least I know what to expect now.

In the spring I plan to buy a 2021 SE 6M in either Cornflower Blue or Dark Iron Blue Metallic. I hope they haven't taken away the cassette tape player .... :D. I have a mountain of those.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Thank you. I'm behind the times technologically, having just received my first smart phone. :oops: But, whether moving my music to a USB-C thumb drive or the cloud as bentin suggests, I'll figure it out. At least I know what to expect now.

In the spring I plan to buy a 2021 SE 6M in either Cornflower Blue or Dark Iron Blue Metallic. I hope they haven't taken away the cassette tape player .... :D. I have a mountain of those.
USB-C thumb drives are super fast, it's nice that they moved to that, you'd be fine with one of those and they come in huge sizes. Just make sure you're formatted in the right mode for the car before moving your music over.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Very boring and short video of the MIB3 system

Are you able to add streaming services like Spotify and YouTube Music? The Sirius XM interface appears to be slightly updated. MIB2 on my 2018 is pretty fast, I'll try to compare it with one of those 2021s at my local dealer in detail.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@sloppyGTI if you don't mind could you grab some pictures of the info pages of the MIB 3? Would like to see what the part number is and start digging around for info.

In my 2015 I've upgraded MIB I > MIB II > MIB 2.5... I feel like with this amount of money wasted it would be foolish not to consider an upgrade to MIB 3, haha.

hpowders

Ready to race!
Hello GTI experts.
Not happy with all the 2021 wheel changes.
In your opinion, which color GTI SE goes best with the black wheels?
Pure White; Deep Black Pearl; Dark Iron Blue Metallic; or Tornado Red?
I feel it would be Tornado Red or Pure White.
What say you?