GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

well im getting the last of the mk7.5 gti (2021)

which color should i go with?

• White Silver

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Cornflower Blue.

Votes: 75 68.2%

• Total voters

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I'll be looking for a set next year.

vw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI 6-speed
So I've ordered my 2021 Cornflower Blue Autobahn with the Belvedere wheels. I'll be picking it up next week. There are two decisions I have to make. The car comes with those awesome Belvedere wheels with Summer Performance Tires. I live in NY so those have to go immediately. My first decision is which tires to get to replace them. I am trying to decide if I should go with all-season Grand Touring tires like Pirelli P7's or Vredestein (that Tire Rack loves) or Ultra High Performance All-Seasons like Goodyear Exhilarate or Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. The second decision I need to make is whether or not to just put those new All-Season tires on the Belvedere wheels and sell the summers online, or I could buy a second set of wheels (I like the Black Pretorias) and put the all-seasons on those and keep the summers on the Belvederes and just swap them every 6 months. For the moment, I'm not concerned with the extra cost. What are people's thoughts on this?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Take a hard look at General G-MAX
AS-05s for your winters

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So I've ordered my 2021 Cornflower Blue Autobahn with the Belvedere wheels. I'll be picking it up next week. There are two decisions I have to make. The car comes with those awesome Belvedere wheels with Summer Performance Tires. I live in NY so those have to go immediately. My first decision is which tires to get to replace them. I am trying to decide if I should go with all-season Grand Touring tires like Pirelli P7's or Vredestein (that Tire Rack loves) or Ultra High Performance All-Seasons like Goodyear Exhilarate or Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. The second decision I need to make is whether or not to just put those new All-Season tires on the Belvedere wheels and sell the summers online, or I could buy a second set of wheels (I like the Black Pretorias) and put the all-seasons on those and keep the summers on the Belvederes and just swap them every 6 months. For the moment, I'm not concerned with the extra cost. What are people's thoughts on this?
While nice, the Belvederes and Pretorias are both 7.5 inches wide, and odds are, you'll find yourself wanting something wider if you're going to track and/or add much power. I'd throw a set of actual snows on the Belvederes and get a nice set of summer wheels later, but of course that means scrapping your summer tires. Some dealers and any Discount Tire will give you a trade in value on them though.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
Take a hard look at General G-MAX
AS-05s for your winters
Can confirm I'm running these on my GLI for the winter they are awesome for snow, driven around in 2 to 3 inches and it's been stellar. Would definitely buy again. Got a great deal on the 225/45/18 size from Tire Rack. Only ran me $480 shipped. Also saved my ass with the road hazard. Had to replace one 4 months in as it was not repairable and they covered the whole cost of the replacement tire.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

When i owned my 2016, i had a dedicated set of winters as it was the only vehicle in the household. With my 2019, i have Continental ExtremeContact DWS and can manage without a dedicated winter set as i have another vehicle in the household.

In your case, i might stick with summer tires on Belvedere and have a dedicated set of winters with Pretorias.