GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW recall in USA

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Lately my car has begun to have a fuel smell again, same as before the "fix".

It's really noticeable after the car has been sitting for a short while and I back out, I get a good whiff of fuel smell. May need to take it back in.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Lately my car has begun to have a fuel smell again, same as before the "fix".

It's really noticeable after the car has been sitting for a short while and I back out, I get a good whiff of fuel smell. May need to take it back in.
Are you sure you're not just smelling the exhaust fumes from your car being stationary for a while? Does the smell continue once you're actually moving?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Are you sure you're not just smelling the exhaust fumes from your car being stationary for a while? Does the smell continue once you're actually moving?

The car is fully warmed up, as in being driven more than 20 minutes in moderate temps, then I stop and get out for say 5 minutes and come back to the car, and this just began happening again.

The smell is most prevalent when backing out. Just like what started happening 2 months or so before the work was done.

Could possibly be venting off the previously backed-up EVAP lines?? I hope so...

WRMk7

If you are smelling fuel inside somethings up Id definitely get it checked out, had mine done 4 weeks ago now and have never smelled any gas in mine, before or after the recall work

radiotron

Just had the recall done today. They misted some sort of new car smell spray around the interior - got some on the leather and the dash, but no gasoline smell now. I noticed it frequently after parking the car while warm, and restarting it within an hour or so. It was enough to prompt me to crack the windows usually. I'll update if I notice it again.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
I don't know about you guys but the Volkswagen dealerships near me won't give you a rental car and don't work warranty work on the weekends. Management required car to come in no later then 11:30am to have warranty work done. Was told the job would take 4-5 hours but actually took only 1hr45min. Also they wouldn't work on my car unless the gas light was on. Just a heads up

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
When my recall was done, they didn't correctly install the gas line and pinched a gasket, causing a fuel smell and eventually making the car die on me a few times.

jessiewonka

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf
I don't know about you guys but the Volkswagen dealerships near me won't give you a rental car and don't work warranty work on the weekends. Management required car to come in no later then 11:30am to have warranty work done. Was told the job would take 4-5 hours but actually took only 1hr45min. Also they wouldn't work on my car unless the gas light was on. Just a heads up

The only repair out of the four or five? that the dealership provided a loaner to me was this last one, from Friday through Monday. I had a sunroof leak which had to be resealed. They've stated that if this didn't fix it, they would need to send it to a body shop to have the entire car roof replaced. Uh, unibody?

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
The only repair out of the four or five? that the dealership provided a loaner to me was this last one, from Friday through Monday. I had a sunroof leak which had to be resealed. They've stated that if this didn't fix it, they would need to send it to a body shop to have the entire car roof replaced. Uh, unibody?

I only had one open recall on my car for the gas tank suction pump

rtorres1017

I took my car to the dealer for three things. Engine lights on, moist inside the tail light and 10 k service. They told me that they fixed the recall which is the suction pump but after 4 miles driven out of the dealer the light came back on. So I brought it back the next working day and after about six hours in their shop they told me that the pump they installed was defective. And my car need to stay there for a week because the parts is on back order. I have a loaner but I still want my car back. damn.... I miss my car..w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Im going to tomorrow for the Recall for the suction Pump, I know this may be a silly/Stupid question but... do I need to take off my JB1?
I actually just ordered my JB4 and specifically scheduled with the dealer for the suction pump recall to get it out of the way before I install it. I don't want to have to reinstall the JB4 a hundred times for dealer visits.

Vlad146

Ready to race!
I actually just ordered my JB4 and specifically scheduled with the dealer for the suction pump recall to get it out of the way before I install it. I don't want to have to reinstall the JB4 a hundred times for dealer visits.

Jb4 is out?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk